|A1||Air À Danser||4:27|
|A3||Telephone And Rubber Band||2:25|
|A4||Cutting Branches For A Temporary Shelter||3:36|
|A6||Numbers 1 - 4||6:46|
|B2||Salty Bean Fumble||2:07|
|B4||The Ecstasy Of Dancing Fleas||3:55|
|B5||Walk Don't Run||2:56|
- Accordion, Violin –
- Cello –
- Composed By – (tracks: A1 to A3, A5 to B4, B6 to B9), (tracks: B3)
- Cover [Cover Painting], Painting [Cover Painting] –
- Cymbal –
- Design, Typography –
- Electric Piano, Cuatro –
- Guitar, Cuatro, Dulcitone, Performer [Rubber Band], Ukulele, Piano, Bass, Violin, Harmonium, Shaker, Drums, Effects [Ring Modulator], Tin Whistle [Penny Whistle], Electric Organ [Electronic], Producer –
- Mixed By – ,
- Oboe –
- Photography By –
- Shaker, Drums, Bongos –
- Ukulele –
- Viola, Guitar, Bass, Bongos, Ukulele –
- Violin –
Recorded 1977 to 1980 at the Penguin Cafe, mixed at Farmyard Studios.
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, etched): EGM.113-A HuB
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, etched): EGM.113-B HuB
- Matrix / Runout (Side A and B, stamped): STERLING
|Penguin Cafe Orchestra (LP, Album)||Editions EG||2344 168||Germany||1981|
|Penguin Cafe Orchestra (LP, Album)||Editions EG||EGED 11||UK||1981|
|Penguin Cafe Orchestra (LP, Album)||Editions EG||28MM 0065||Japan||1981|
|Penguin Cafe Orchestra (LP, Album)||Editions EG||EGED 118||Canada||1981|
|Penguin Cafe Orchestra (LP, Album)||Editions EG||2335 224||France||1981|
- Picked up a used US copy for ten bucks. Bargain.
This album could soundtrack almost anything.
Sublime rhythmic ambient folk rock.
From start to finish all I could think was its like having Kraftwerk pick up instruments and perform for the village fair.... Stunning.
- Edited 16 years agoA substantial amount of the tracks on this album was used in the soundtrack of the Australian movie 'Malcolm' [Nadia Tass, 1986].
The almost naively exploring character of the compositions highly sustain the atmosphere of the movie; one of the best movie-soundtracks I know. If you don't like the music -which is unheard of- at least see the movie...