- Italo-Disco Good Ones by The-Good-One
- Awesome Italo Disco and Italian disco cover art by mjb
- ITALO DISCO TOP 1500 - The Good, the Worse and the Obscure by Italo-Discoteca
- THE GRAND MYSTIC ITALO-DISCO HERITAGE by vinylric
- ► Power Italo-Disco by CayoRomero
- https://www.union-editions.it/giuseppe-mistretta by GiusepppeM
- Flavour From Italie by MagistR
- hp's top 100 Italo Disco dudes ! Count down too fun time.. by henrypercy
- 150 Recommended Italo-Disco Tracks by funk_wid_it
- FLEMMING DALUM italo favorits by FD43
- Italy by denlekke
- My Top 100 by ITALO-neon-
- Italo Disco in C Minor by batucan-05
- Italo-Disco & Eurobeat (12") (In Memory Of My Collector Years) by Doctor-Groove
- 100 Italo & Disco Faves by EliasRafael
- Italo worth hearing by triv
- Fav Italo-Disco Records by Magnetonium
- CBS Top 100 (2004) by mikeohhh
- CBS Top 100 (2007) by amig0z
- CBS Top 100 (2005) by mikeohhh
- Arranged By, Design [Cover] –
- Backing Vocals –
- Computer, Electronic Drums [Drum Machines] –
- Lead Vocals, Vocals [Electronic Vocal], Keyboards –
- Producer –
- Remix –
- Synthesizer, Percussion [Electronic] –
- Written-By – ,
The length of the instrumental version is incorrect.
- Rights Society: S.I.A.E.
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Label): DM 9319 A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Label): DM 9319 B
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Runout Etching): DM 9319 • A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Runout Etching): DM 9319 • B
This is a prefect example of the famous italo electro sound. Even tho some would maybe call it wave. Anyway an essential italo release for most italo fans.
Edited 5 years ago
its 2016 and still banging with that like is yesterdays production. Unique and inspiring
***** Unique. My best friend´s wife said once: "It sounds they play wrong in some moments... but THAT makes this song better!" Dancefloor killer, but fantastic also just enjoying at home.
Dario Dell' Aere's voice in Gitano made history and the synths and drum machine sounds by Victor Life (Life De Noir at the time) made this record known forever as the dark side of italo disco!
Edited 11 years ago
There are not so many Italo records which I really like. Most of them are too cheesy and annoy me with their penetrating vocals. But this one is the pure madness. Dario's vocals drift any listener immediately into the spell. Also after 25 years, the little jewel lost none of its luster. Very uplifting and incredibly danceable brings this song each house to shake. This absolutely timeless ultrarare monster Italo-Disco belongs in any well-stocked record collection.
A true masterpiece.
A true masterpiece.
Edited 16 years ago
One of three masterpieces by Fockewulf 190. When I think of italo disco, I immediately think of "Gitano" - great vocals, great beat, great synthline, and a very obscure 12" that only adds to the beauty of this song. I think that if anybody, and I mean *anybody* that likes this song, will also find "Body Heat" by Fockewulf 190 and "Tumidanda" by Frank Tavaglione, produced by Fockewulf 190, to both also be excellent releases as well. Unfortunately the guys behind Fockewulf 190 are credited with just these 3 songs. A song that sounds better than ever in 2005.
Edited 17 years ago
This one of Fockewulf's only two releases seems to be very rare and sought after. "Gitano" is a monumental track with powerful synth-lines and a fast, hard-hitting beat. A real hymn, indeed one of my all-time Italo favourites!