Stevie Nicks – Bella Donna Live 1981
|Label:||Rhino Records (2) – R1 659037, Modern Records – 081227879600, ATCO Records – 081227879600|
2 x Vinyl, LP, Album, Record Store Day, Limited Edition
|Style:||Arena Rock, Pop Rock|
|A1||Gold Dust Woman||6:40|
|A2||Gold And Braid|
Written-By – Stevie Nicks, Tom Moncrieff
|A3||I Need To Know|
Written-By – Tom Petty
|A4||Outside The Rain||4:00|
|B3||After The Glitter Fades||4:05|
|B4||Leather And Lace||4:24|
|C1||Stop Draggin' My Heart Around|
Written-By – Michael Campbell*, Tom Petty
|C4||How Still My Love||5:13|
|D1||Edge Of Seventeen||9:07|
- Marketed By – Rhino Entertainment Company
- Phonographic Copyright ℗ – Rhino Entertainment Company
- Copyright © – Rhino Entertainment Company
- Recorded At – Wilshire Theatre
- Mastered At – D2 Mastering
- Lacquer Cut At – Bernie Grundman Mastering
- Mastered At – GZ Media – 226359E
- Pressed By – Memphis Record Pressing – MRP3270
- A&R [A&R Supervision] – Patrick Milligan
- Art Direction, Design – Rachel Gutek
- Backing Vocals – Lori Perry*, Sharon Celani
- Bass – Bob Glaub
- Design [Original "Stevie Nicks" Logo] – Michael Manoogian
- Drums – Russ Kunkel
- Executive-Producer – Irving Azoff
- Guitar – Waddy Wachtel
- Keyboards, Synthesizer – Benmont Tench
- Lacquer Cut By [Disc Mastering By] – Chris Bellman
- Management – CSM Management, Sheryl Louis
- Mastered By – Dan Hersch
- Percussion – Bobbye Hall
- Photography By [Cover Photo] – Herbert Worthington III*
- Photography By [Live Photo] – Henry Diltz
- Piano – Roy Bittan
- Producer [Music Producer] – Jimmy Iovine
- Producer [Produced For Release By] – Bill Inglot
- Producer, Directed By – Marty Callner
- Product Manager – Brian Dodd
Record Store Day 2023 Exclusive, limited to 10.000 copies.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 81227 87960 0
- Barcode (Scanned): 081227879600
- Rights Society: GEMA/BIEM
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, variant 1): #7 R1-657037-A 081227879600 CB 226359E1 972837 MRP3270/081227879600-A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, variant 1): #7 R1-659037-B 081227879600 CB 226359E2 972835 MRP3270/081227879600-B
- Matrix / Runout (Side C, variant 1): #4 R1-659037-C 081227879600 CB 226859E3 975790 MRP3270/081227879600-C
- Matrix / Runout (Side D, variant 1): #6 R1-659037-D 081227879600 CB 226359E4 1340183 MRP3270/081227879600-D
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, variant 2): R1-657037-A 081227879600 CB 226359E1 1482187 MRP3270/081227879600-A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, variant 2): R1-657037-B 081227879600 CB 226359E2 972835 MRP3270/081227879600-B
- Matrix / Runout (Side C, variant 2): R1-657037-C 081227879600 CB 226359E3 1487134 MRP3270/081227879600-C
- Matrix / Runout (Side D, variant 2): R1-657037-D 081227879600 CB 226359E4 1481220 MRP3270/081227879600-D
Other Versions (1)View All
|Bella Donna Live HBO Special December 31, 1981 (CDr, Album, Unofficial Release, Stereo)||Not On Label||none||US||Unknown|
ReviewsShow All 18 Reviews
- Giving this a listen this morning while i cook. For what it is, it sounds terrific! Great collection of songs and Stevie sounds terrific. Nice addition to the collection if you are a fan!
- Really enjoyed this release.
My copy had no issues! Perfect!
Live albums are never "audiophile" releases, but it's way better to listen to this live album on this vinyl pressing than on streaming.
- I waited two hours in line and I am happy I was able to get this release. My record store had 1 copy
- Is this sonic perfection? Nope
Is this a lively, fun, kick ass live show? Yes
- The word 'listenable' is doing a lot of heavy lifting here. It's a fun show, but this is incredibly poorly recorded. No mastering is going to fix this. I wouldn't pay more than $10 for this.
- Edited 23 days agoHmm. This is nice. Packaging is cool. Mastered a lot better for vinyl and sounds a lot better than when this show was released on the Bella Donna deluxe CD. It sounded pretty thin and tinny then. Still not winning any awards for sonic brilliance, but is certainly listenable, is solid, and is a good time. I’m not angry at the side flip that breaks up the segue before Dreams, yeah it’s a bummer, but vinyl has its length limitations. I’m happier to keep the setlist continuity. Same things have happened on plenty of other classic live albums. See e.g. David Live at the Tower. Hey, hipster, you want your vinyl? You gotta take the 23 minute side limits.
- So many of the RSD releases are disappointments. This is one of a handful I wouldn't give up. Great sound, great concert, even the presentation is solid. Would have loved some liner notes, but that is the sole nitpick on an otherwise perfect release.
- Awesome... simply awesome! Does anyone else's copy have 2 "Side One" labels on D1?
- Sound is amazing! I have the original rare radio promo (pressed by the source https://www.discogs.com/release/13460937-Stevie-Nicks-Stevie-Nicks-Concert) version of this concert and this sounds way better!! Only complaint is that Dreams and Outside the rain are separated on this pressing.
- Edited 21 days agoBrilliant mastering and pressing. The whole performance is really amazing, and might be one of Stevie's best ever.
Dreams, Angel, Stop Dragging my Heart Around, Bella Donna, Sara, Edge of Seventeen and Rhiannon are all gorgeous versions.
However, how come they didn't include Stevie's greetings after Edge of Seventeen as seen on the original video footage? Loved that, and felt it's really missing the point not being here.
Overall a must have record anyway!
All Versions of this Release
All Versions of this Release