Tracklist Hide Credits
|A Symphony Of Amaranths||(24:56)|
|B1||The Dong With A Luminous Nose
Conductor – Neil ArdleyNarrator [Told By] – Ivor CutlerWords By – Edward Lear (2)
|B2||After Long Silence
Words By – W. B. Yeats*
|B3||She Weeps Over Rahoon
Words By – James Joyce
|B4||Will You Walk A Little Faster?
Words By – Lewis Carroll
- Bass – Chris Laurence, Jeff Clyne
- Cello – Charles Tunnell, Francis Gabarro*
- Conductor – Jack Rothstein (tracks: A1 to A4)
- Design – Jill Oxley
- Drums – Jon Hiseman
- Electric Piano – Karl Jenkins
- Engineer – John Mackswith
- Glockenspiel – Dave Gelly
- Harp – David Snell (2), Sidonie Goossens
- Harpsichord – Alan Branscombe
- Liner Notes – Richard Williams (5)
- Music By – Neil Ardley (tracks: B1 to B4)
- Piano [Prepared Piano] – Neil Ardley
- Piano, Celesta [Celeste] – Stan Tracey
- Producer, Supervised By [Supervision] – Denis Preston
- Soloist, Saxophone – Barbara Thompson (tracks: A1), Dave Gelly (tracks: B2), Dick Heckstall-Smith (tracks: A3), Dick Heckstall-Smith (tracks: B4), Don Rendell (tracks: A3)
- Soloist, Trombone – Derek Wadsworth (tracks: B4)
- Soloist, Trumpet – Harry Beckett (tracks: A1), Henry Lowther (tracks: A2)
- Soloist, Vibraphone – Frank Ricotti (tracks: B2)
- Trombone – Derek Wadsworth, Ray Premru
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Derek Watkins, Harry Beckett, Henry Lowther, Nigel Carter
- Tuba – Dick Hart
- Vibraphone – Frank Ricotti
- Viola – Ken Essex*
- Violin – Erich Gruenberg, Jack Rothstein, Kelly Isaacs
- Vocals [Sung By] – Norma Winstone (tracks: B2 to B4)
- Woodwind, Bassoon – Bunny Gould
- Woodwind, Oboe – John Clementson
- Woodwind, Saxophone – Barbara Thompson, Dave Gelly, Dick Heckstall-Smith, Don Rendell
- Written-By – Neil Ardley (tracks: A1 to A4)
E.M.I Records (The Gramophone Company Ltd.) Hayes٠Middlesex٠England.
Made and printed in Great Britain.
Printed and made by Garrod & Lofthouse Ltd.
A Denis Preston production.
A1 to A4, "A Symphony Of Amaranths", for Duke Ellington and Gil Evans.
This recording is made with the financial assistance from the Arts Council Of Great Britain.
"After long Silence" (The words of this poem are by W. B. Yeats and are used by permission of the copyright owner M. B. Yeats).
"She Weeps Over Rahoon" (By courtesy of The Society Of Authors on behalf of the trustees of the James Joyce Estate).
Jon Hiseman and Dick Heckstall-Smith appear by courtesy of Bronze and Island Records.
Liner Notes: Richard Williams — Radio Times 25.9.71.
Note on durations:
A1 to A4, "A Symphony Of Amaranths" suite, the individual durations are approximate as they run into one another.
B2 to B4, "Three Poems" suite, the individual durations of B2 & B3 are approximate as they run into one another.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout stamp side A): YCARX 89-1U
- Matrix / Runout (Runout stamp side B): YCARX 90-1U
- Matrix / Runout (Label: A-Side): YCARX 89
- Matrix / Runout (Label: B-Side): YCARX 90
- Other (Printer code on sleeve: back bottom): 7206 TPS
Other Versions (4 of 4) View All
|WBSLP016||Neil Ardley||A Symphony Of Amaranths (LP, Album, RE, RP)||Wah Wah Records||WBSLP016||Spain||2018||Sell This Version|
|PCD-24558||Neil Ardley||A Symphony Of Amaranths (CD, Album, Ltd, RE, RM, Pap)||P-Vine Records||PCD-24558||Japan||2016||Sell This Version|
|DUSKCD107||Neil Ardley||A Symphony Of Amaranths (CD, Album, Ltd, RE, RM)||Dusk Fire Records||DUSKCD107||UK||2013||Sell This Version|
|WBSLP016||Neil Ardley||A Symphony Of Amaranths (LP, Album, RE)||Wah Wah Records||WBSLP016||Spain||2012||Sell This Version|