|2||When This Feelin'||7:44|
|5||Oxossi Da Focha Branca|
- Design – ,
- Painting –
- Reissue Producer [Repro Man] –
- Barcode (Text): 5 026328 100524
- Barcode: 5026328100524
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): SJRCD52 :1:1:1.
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): SJRCD52 :1:1:2
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1 and 2): IFPI L042
- Label Code: LC 2678
- Osunlade’s first album, PARADIGM, burst onto the scene in 2001, bringing together Afro-jazz and house in a most appealing way. The horns and bass on “Morning Glory” transport you to a tropical locale, while “When This Feelin’” hits deeper. “Blackman” leans on a spoken-word to push its message of positivity, and the harmonica on “Radar Du” makes room for a deep house detour. Portuguese lyrics dig into “Exossi Da Focha Branca” but “2thousandcowries” keeps things instrumental and dreamy. “Beloved” adds a romantic vibe with Morley’s processed vocals, and “Ocho” picks the pace back up with some Latin flavor. The harmonica returns on “The Deep” to close out the album on a brisk note. A great, solid album.
- wow ! this was a great debut,and one i missed.real quality up there with larry heard+blaze finest moments.osunlade is a real creative force,and influenced by many styles.and there is much more to him than tribal/tech.his rebirth album was very different and underated inspired by his love of soul and the great stevie wonder,s early material.
- Edited one year agoI cannot believe this doesn't get spoken in the vein it deserves..What a debut, what a beaut.
- This has been my all time favourite since years and years. This album has a special place in my heart.
- Edited 3 years agoI fall in love with house music with this record 15 years ago.
- Possibly one of the best dance music albums ? Certainly for me. This came out during a golden period for dance music and this still stands out a mile. The consistency and quality of Osunlade's output is still to be matched (imho) and this might well be some of his best work. Sit back relax and enjoy.....