|B1||Snooze 4 Love|
- Artwork [Grafisk Formgivning] –
- Lacquer Cut By –
- Mastered By –
- Producer, Written-By –
First edition comes in limited picture sleeve
- Barcode: 827170385962
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, etched): RB CR 78 A I am the god of trancy trance - - and I give you : trance LOOP-O /D&M BB 27955- 01 A1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, etched): RB CR 78 B A Terjerine Dream LOOP-O /D&M BB 27955-01 B1
|Ragysh (4×File, MP3, 320 kbps)||Running Back||RBCR-78||Germany||2011|
|Ragysh (12", 45 RPM)||Running Back||RBCR-78||Germany||2011|
|Ragysh (12", 45 RPM, White Label, Test Pressing)||Running Back||RBCR-78||Germany||2011|
|Ragysh (4×File, WAV)||Olsen||OLX 003||Europe||2011|
|Ragysh (12", 45 RPM, Repress)||Running Back||RBCR-78||Germany||2013|
- Does the locked grooves on B side appears on this pressing ?
- It's 2019 and I still drop this. Always brings the house down. A simply brilliant record. I am referring to Ragysh of course!
- Cool interprétation tech house, clubbing, mise en forme & dance floor.
- the beginning of the beat sounds like Michael Jackson's Billie Jean
- Edited 10 years agoQuite a departure from Todd Terje's usual electronic disco explorations, "Ragysh" is one of the anthems of 2011, a strange hybrid tune that sounds like a slightly pitched-down bonafide German trance classic from the Superstition era (say Marmion, Humate etc) filtered through some circa-2004 panoramic 'trendy-trance' a la Border Community or Kompakt, then re-filtered through 2010 disco-reedit cheese (the Blondie beatbox sample), the whole thing massively produced.
So does this work? Hell yeah, one of the biggest climaxes of the year for sure (although i would personnally have brought in a second, even more definitive climax after the 1st bridge but hey I'm not mr Terje...).
And is this good? Excellent, in a dreamy, a little OTT 'hands-in-the-air' attitude.
(And let's not forget the B-side "Snooze 4 Love", a charming bleepy progressive techno exploration in the vein of Oni Ayhun or Isolee).