Original description from Factory Records:
"Initial run of 10.000 pressings. Packaged in a yellow waxed, marble interior card sleeve, constructed like a matchbook and sealed with a small red sticker."
There are actually 2 different pressings and 2 different covers = 3 different editions. This listing is for the 1st one:
- Matchbook like sleeve is textured with the "waxed" appearance as described (like 2nd edition), not slick and glossy (3rd edition).
- Printed inner sleeve has a purple touch, like 2nd edition (the 3nd edition is rather blue-ish).
- Record labels are flat (the 2nd and 3rd editions labels have an enhanced outer ring).
- Vinyl is heavier and thicker than the 2nd and 3rd editions but the pressing quality is inferior. Many copies have encapsulated particles in the vinyl which cause more or less audible clicks.
- Runout inscriptions are exactly the same for all pressings.
- Included a fold-out poster with images and text (Always Now lyrics and verses 10 to 12 from the "The Wheel of Analytic Meditation" by Mi-pham rNam-par rGyal-ba).
- Has a red seal like 2nd edition (3rd hasn't).
Overall: 1st edition = 2nd edition cover (inserts etc) with different "labels" and vinyl.
Recorded at Britannia Row in February 1981.
Marbled Paper No. 928
Reproduction Autorisee par La Ste. Keller-Dorian Papiers, France.
Factory Communications Limited.
Published by Relevant Music
A Factory Records Product
Colour Origination By Sonic Plates Ltd.
Typesetting By Expose Graphics Ltd.
Printed By Garrod And Lofthouse Ltd.