|Already Know (KDJ Re-edit)
|Spirits Samba (KDJ Re-edit)
Blank black label release with no information & catalog nr. "Private Collection" is written on the run-off.
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Etchings Side A): PRIVATE COLLECTION SIDE A ARP (NSC)
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Etchings Side B): PRIVATE COLLECTION SIDE B ARP (NSC) XTreme Cut
- Already Know is on the 3rd 12 of Taken Away
- Listened to Side B on YouTube and just noticed that KDJ re-released this on the latest Moodymann album as "I'm Already Hi"! The album version cuts off right after Moody mentions his cell phone minutes running out.
- B side is a edit of "Dave Pike - Spirit's Samba"
- Edited 18 years agoThe Mario Winans sampling cut on here is some of Kenny's best work. It is very minimal, very clean, and super deep, hypnotizing the listener with the guitar and vocal loop over a hollow sounding kick drum. Certainly not a dancefloor smasher, but definitely infused with that loving vibe that Kenny has in his best work. The flip is a more humourous affair with Kenny talking over a latin beat. Very diverse sounds are on display on this 12".....
- Edited 19 years agoThis release is like film noir to me - mysterious, paradox and dark. the A-side is a touchful and moody re-edit of a Mario Winans' album interlude track "Already Know", where KDJ adds his wonderful deep, jazzy beat-architecture and you get witness of a woman making love while her husband calls. B-Side is a short but quite special bossa nova tune with the mann himself speaking in dialogue as two charakters ... very unique music from a very unique artist.