|A||Anambra (Edited Version)|
- Producer –
- Matrix / Runout (Runout grooves area, Side A, hand-etched): 8-SET-B-7015 • A-1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout grooves area, Side B, hand-etched): 8-SET-B-7015 - B-1
|Anambra (12", Maxi-Single, Unofficial Release)||Not On Label||LUV 001||UK||2005|
|Anambra (12", White Label)||Flexx||flexx007||Belgium||2007|
|Anambra (12", 45 RPM, Unofficial Release)||DJM Records (2)||DJT 10764||France||2013|
|Anambra (12", 45 RPM, Unofficial Release, Color)||DJM Records (2)||DJT 10764||France||2013|
- Yes,The Gaylads "Africa"/Dadawah "Zion Land "...but also check the version of Margarita Lecuona's "Tabu" included in "Michael Boothman & Family Tree featuring Andre Tanker "(Cree Records 7")..Afro-Cuban roots here (!).
- very very beautiful tune ... unfortunately the reissue sounds nothing like the original 12"
and yes, this is heavily inspired by the Gaylads. enjoy!!!
- Someone nicked this off me around 1996. I saw him do it but when I challenged him he completely denied it and he must have stashed it somewhere pretty quick because I could not find it. It wasn't rare back then and I didn't really care so just let it go.
A few years later he came up to me and returned it. Must have had a guilty conscience.
- Loosely based on The Gay Lads/Gaylads 'Africa We Want To Go)', by way of Ras Michael's 'Zion Land'.
- The chant here is Om Mani Padme Hum, the Buddhist mantra in the Sanskrit language.
- Edited 16 years agoHypnotizing, classic slow (80-90 BPM) and moody african-chant style recording that was David Mancuso's closing favourite and massive with DJ Sasha at the heart of his anthemic early 90's DJ sets!
- Edited 17 years ago...must-own multiracial hippie idealist throbbing pulsing droning deeply-spiritual heartwarming melancholy plaintive primitive pounding sad determined spiritual longing symphonic soaring spacial muscular maddeningly-rare well-produced loudly-mastered at 45 rpms sure hope I don't have to sell mine it took so long to find ultimate desert-island monsterpiece must-own...