|2||Toasted Bot Bop||5:45|
|6||Scene For Ash||4:47|
|7||Fall Like Dandruff||4:28|
|9||Flush Fit Fanatic||4:45|
|13||Stans Soluble Fish||8:00|
- Design –
- Producer, Written-By –
(c) and (p) 1997
- Barcode: 5021392158129
- Barcode (as printed): 5 021392 158129
- Matrix / Runout: 84399 ZENCD32 1 : 1 : 1
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L042
|Designs And Mistakes (2×LP, Album)||Ninja Tune||ZEN 32||UK||1997|
|Designs And Mistakes (CD, Album)||Ninja Tune||ZEN CD32||Canada||1997|
|Designs And Mistakes (CD, Album)||Toy's Factory||TFCK-87935||Japan||1997|
|Designs And Mistakes (12", Promo)||Ninja Tune||ZEN 32||UK||1997|
|Designs And Mistakes (LP, Album, White Label)||Not On Label||ZEN 32||UK||Unknown|
- 25 years later, I have again listened through the whole CD in one sitting, and have to say it has kept well. An album one have to listen to many times to really appreciate it. I think it would have got more attention had it been released by for example Planet Mu rather than Ninja Tune.
- A worthy release to your Drill'n'bass collection. Despite the heavy use of bass, the sounds were made using circum-bend synthesizers and keyboards, thats how the genius into play When you consider all the sounds were home-made by Andrew Coleman himself. This together with his other releases are a great stampel of IDM/Braindance music, together with another artist "The Clifford Gilberto Rhytm Combination" I'm too lazy to write the rest of the review Because discogs gives me shitty errors and deletes everything i wrote Short is, if you like Spunk Jazz, Fungle, and Drill'n'bass, this artist is right up your alley
- I had no idea what this was when I dug it out of a crate of $1 records. The artwork and the minimal combination of words on the cover totally sold this for me before I even heard the music. Miraculously the wax was in great shape almost mint. Unbelievably clean. When I took it home and started listening to it, I had no idea what to expect. It blew my mind. So abstract and tight at the same time, with elements of electronic - and drum & bass with great rhythms, sounds to accompany the sometimes hyper beat. I hear elements of Aphex Twin in the beats and synths. I just can't get over how incredibly awesome and intricate the songs are. I am dumbfounded about how I could acquire this for a dollar in Phoenix, AZ of all places. I recommend this (if you can find it) to anyone with interested in drum and bass, experimental, hyper beat, braindance...
- Crazed beats with a hint of jazz: Animal on Wheels comes on heavy with their debut, DESIGNS AND MISTAKES. You can hear it right away on "Palid," and in wandering piano lines on "Toasted Bot Bop." But the early Squarepusher-like rhythms keep things from ever getting too stale. He can do sedate as well, with the gentle "Soluble Ducks" or the slightly less upbeat "Nodding Dogs." The strings and squelches of "Family" sound headed in the same direction, but that's before the clatter begins. The oboe on "Shoddy Kicks," as well, contributes to the mellow mood. I think he's actually better when he concentrates more on the melodies (like on "Clay Pot" or "Stans Soluble Fish") than just the beats (like on "Loath"), but there's plenty of entertainment here in either case.