Tracklist Hide Credits
|9||Strength To Dream (Outtake 04.02.84)
Engineer – Stephen LipsonEngineer [Assistant] – Paul Gomersall
|10||p:Machinery (The Beta Wraparound)
Guitar – John McGeoch
|11||The Murder Of Love (Murderous Instrumental)
Engineer – Bob Kraushaar, Stephen LipsonEngineer [Assistant] – Mike Drake*
|12||Dr Mabuse (Outtake 24.04.85)
Producer [Assistant] – Mike Drake*
|13||Frozen Faces (A Secret Sense Of Rhythm)
Producer [Assistant] – Bob Kraushaar
|14||p:Machinery (The Voiceless Beta Wraparound Edit)
Guitar – John McGeoch
- Compiled By [Compiled And Curated By], Liner Notes – Ian Peel
- Design [After…] – Contract 3, ZTT
- Design [Repackaged By] – Philip Marshall
- Painting [Cover Painting] – Brücken*
- Photography By [In 2012] – Andrew Catlin
- Photography By [Original 1985 Images] – John Stoddart (2), Peter Brown (23)
- Producer [Original Material] – S. J. Lipson* (tracks: 1 to 8, 10 to 14), T. C. Horn* (tracks: 1 to 9)
- Producer [Reproductions] – Robert Kraushaar* (tracks: 1 to 8, 10, 14), Paul Morley (tracks: 1 to 8, 10, 14)
- Technician [Tape Operator] – Paul Wright (tracks: 1 to 8)
- Written-By – Thein* (tracks: 1, 3, 7, 8, 12), Brücken* (tracks: 4 to 6, 11, 13), Ross* (tracks: 3), Mertens* (tracks: 1 to 7, 9 to 14), Haig* (tracks: 3), Dörper* (tracks: 1 to 12, 14), Freytag* (tracks: 13)
'WISHFUL THINKING' is disturbdances of five songs by Propaganda
[front cover and booklet cover]
(for the footsteps and the heartbeats of the connoisseur)
is disturbdances of five songs
[sticker on shrinkwrap]
"Propaganda Remixed / The Classic Remix Album of A Secret Wish, Remastered, featuring: Duel (Jewelled), Dr Mabuse, and p:Machinery + five previously-unreleased bonus tracks. / Element 23 / SALVOCD055 / ZTT "maddened"".
[on sleeve inside]
There is, surprisingly, a remarkable ferocity in all this (this being ZTT’s wishful, bashful Element Series) – but can it be carried too far? Wishful Thinking – reactivated with intent – appears as part 23 in the Element Series. A product of Zang Tuum Tumb, the organisation of pop. Coming next? No more clues...
All tracks sourced from original master tapes except for '(the beta wraparound of) p:Machinery'. Zang Tuum Tumb was unable to retrieve the original master for this track. Instead, a new master has been created for this release, based on multiple vinyl transfers, which significantly improves on the quality of the vinyl transfer which appeared on WEA Japan’s 1994 CD edition of A Secret Wish.
With thanks to Chas Chandler (Salvo), Alan Kading (Perfect Songs), Dean Murphy and Andrew Popplewell (Advanced Music Restoration) and Ian Usher (Tumb Modern).
All tracks published by Perfect Songs, except 'Laughed' by Complete Music/Domino Publishing Company.
All tracks ℗ + © 1985 ZTT Records, except tracks 09, 11-14 ℗ + © 2012 ZTT Records.
[on sleeve back]
Tracks 9, 11, 12, 13, 14 >> previously unreleased. Total running time >> 74:30.
℗ 2012 ZTT Records Ltd, under exclusive license to Union Square Music Ltd.
© 2012 ZTT Records Ltd / Union Square Music Ltd. Salvo is a Union Square Music label
Further information: www.ztt.com and www.salvo-music.co.uk
A Union Square Production
Manufactured in the EU.
- - -
Tri-fold cardboard sleeve, approx. 13,2x13,5 cm
12-page booklet: credits, photos, 'Curator's Commentary' by Ian Peel
In the booklet, in the notes to 'Curator's Commentary', track numbers refer to the wrong bonus tracks. In 'H', 1 & 5 should read 1 & 4. In 'N', 3 & 2 should read 2 & 5.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 698458815521
- Rights Society: MCPS
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): | SALVOCD055 | *052946 |
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2 and 3): | SALVOCD055 | *053710 |
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1, 2 and 3): IFPI L011
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1 and 3): IFPI 5Q93
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 5085
Other Versions (5 of 26) View All
|ZAS 20||Propaganda||Wishful Thinking (LP, Album)||ZTT||ZAS 20||UK||1985||Sell This Version|
|L 18005||Propaganda||Wishful Thinking (LP, Album)||Island Records||L 18005||Australia||1985||Sell This Version|
|I 207.408||Propaganda||Wishful Thinking (LP, Album)||Island Records||I 207.408||Spain||1986||Sell This Version|
|CZAS 20||Propaganda||Wishful Thinking (Cass, Album)||ZTT||CZAS 20||UK||1985||Sell This Version|
|ZTT 119 CD||Propaganda||Wishful Thinking (CD, Album, RE, RP)||ZTT||ZTT 119 CD||UK||1999||Sell This Version|