|A1||Donnie (Club Mix)||8:13|
|A2||Donnie (Radio Mix)||3:48|
|B1||Donnie (Dub Mix)||8:28|
|B3||Donnie (Hardy Mix)|
- Engineer –
- Lacquer Cut By –
- Lead Vocals – , ,
- Mixed By –
- Producer – ,
- Words By, Music By – , ,
Recorded at Soto Studios.
Distributed by Quantum.
Distributed by Quantum.
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): DJ-893-A F/W NIM.
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): DJ-893-B F/W NIM.
- Does anyone have the lyrics? I can't find them .
- “When nine hundred years old you reach, look as good you will not.” Great how this goes for relative peanuts compared to other records; Monitory status does not necessarily= value. I can't quite understand.......................
- There's an official reissue on Alleviated out now, but there is also what I assume is a bootleg 'facsimile' repress (listed as 'forthcoming' on Juno). The second repress (i.e. the 'facsimile' version NOT the one on Alleviated) leads me to think that most of the recent 'remastered' 80s/90s rare house 12"s that have been circulating must be bootlegs, as clearly only the Alleviated press of this is legit. None of the recent 'remastered' house 12"s have any new/2014 copyrights, no mention of who is behind them etc. (Dope Jams call them "European Imports" - which seems to be a sideways acknowledgment that they aren't official?)
- This must get a repress soon. Everything else is!
- Edited 11 years agoFairly minimal and so sexy...1986...funny to think I was getting familiar with Prince's music at the time, but had no idea of what house music was...
Theo Parrish played this in his tribute to Ron Hardy's Muzic Box @ Djoon in Paris on 23rd Sept 2011...I'm glad I found out what this track was !
- One of the greatest and rarest Larry Heard tracks! Somehow Larry makes a really soufull groove with the most minimal of equipment, and great male vocals. Love the two guys talking over the top as well "I can't quite understand, she left me for another man", "I bought her diamond rings, expensive furs and everything", hahaha. Very cool, one of Chicago's many fine moments in music history!
- Edited 10 years agoWaow ! this track is so deep ! itself it can define what is 'House Music' . great strings , cheap rhythm beats, jackin' house vibe & soufull vocal : early house at its best.
i heard this classic was relased in 1986 too. Is there more infos about it ?
- DaShit by cargogod
- Favourite 1980s House & Techno records by djdaef
- 1990 - 1982 ⚡︎ Vinyl Favorites ⚡︎ by ThaPrinz
- Chicago House from the year 1986 by funk_wid_it
- Radio Soulwax: Jack In The Box by supwrman
- this is my house chi-town westside by cptz
- Dj Alfredo Ibiza Sets by work1990
- Dj Phonz Wantlist by djphonz74
- My Tunes by toxaco
- Laurie Laptop's Hactrax by lauriek