|A||What About This Love (Extended Version)||6:37|
|B||What About This Love (Dub Version)||7:01|
- Engineer –
- Producer, Mixed By –
- Written-By –
Produced and mixed for HWH Productions.
℗ © 1989
℗ © 1989
- Matrix / Runout (A-Side Runout Etching): HL · 2208 A DMS
- Matrix / Runout (B-Side Runout Etching): HL · 2208 B
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|What About This Love (12", 33 ⅓ RPM, White Label)||Alleviated Records||HL · 2208||US||1989|
|What About This Love (12", 45 RPM)||FFRR||FX 131||UK||1990|
|What About This Love (Remix) (12", 45 RPM)||FFRR, FFRR||FXR 131, 886 915.1||UK||1990|
|What About This Love (12", Promo)||FFRR||FXDJ 131||UK||1990|
|What About This Love (CD, Single)||FFRR, FFRR||FCD 131, 886 913-2||UK||1990|
- Timeless genius. A song like this could only be made in Chicago!
- Edited 10 months agoDavid Hollister was the original choice to supply the vocals but couldn't make the session so Larry did a 'scratch vocal' and the rest is history........
- Anyone know who the vocalist is on this piece of gold?
- Hot sunny day, I buy an ice cream and find a park bench. These songs keep playing and my ice cream melts and starts dripping on my shirt. I wonder...
- Edited 7 years agoVery nice this vinyl press, was released this 1989 masterpiece edition on CD too.
CD edition is very Hard to find now a days.
Muito boa esta edição em vinil. Essa obra prima (edição de 1989), também foi lancada em CD single. Raríssimo de se encontrar hoje em dia .
- Hard to add much to the comments already, but this music goes beyond groovy or enjoyable, it grabs your soul with gentle power! Lingers in your mind. Sticks to your ribs.
Heard is a musical genius, who can doubt. But it seems sad and inexplicable that this tune did not chart as a major crossover hit in 1989.
- Edited 15 years agoIncredible how this masterpiece refuses to age! And how larry Heard's so personal Deep House style remained either unchanged and intact : this one is so close of some of the deepest track of his Dance 2000 LPs (more than 10 yars later!) that you wonder which ones did travelled into time!
Smooth as said above, prefectly produced (and carelfully cutted into vinyl), deeeeeeep, oh dear, yes!, but also soulfull and in no way cheesy, this is archetypal, and unique!
- Edited 18 years agoMMM mmmm MMMMmmmm...Too Smooth ..... that Fingers production quality is just too tight. It's as good on the dancefloor as it is in the bedroom -- a very SERIOUS, serious piece for lovers lost deep in the rhythm. The beats sound like '89, but the overall groove is just plain Timeless.