John Mayer – Born And Raised
|A1||Queen Of California||4:09|
|A2||The Age Of Worry||2:39|
|B1||Speak For Me||3:45|
|B2||Something Like Olivia||3:01|
|B3||Born And Raised||4:49|
|C1||If I Ever Get Around To Living||5:21|
|C2||Love Is A Verb||2:27|
|C3||Walt Grace's Submarine Test, January 1967||5:10|
|D1||Whiskey, Whiskey, Whiskey||4:39|
|D2||A Face To Call Home||4:46|
|D3||Born And Raised [Reprise]|
- Pressed By – Record Industry
- Lacquer Cut By – Chris Bellman
Includes full album on included CD
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 8 8691-97606-1 3
Other Versions (5 of 26)View All
|Born And Raised (13×File, AAC, Album, 256 kbps)||Columbia||88691 97606 2||Germany, Austria, & Switzerland||2012|
|Born And Raised (CD, Album)||Columbia||88691 97606 2||Europe||2012|
|Born And Raised (2×LP, Album, Stereo, CD, Album)||Sony Music, Columbia, Sony Music, Columbia||886919760601, 88691998472||UK & Europe||2012|
|Born And Raised (CD, Album)||Columbia||88691 97606 2||US||2012|
|Born And Raised (CD, Album)||Columbia||88691976062||Australia||2012|
- As others have said, this is an excellent quality pressing. Deep bass and stellar clarity on all songs. The only imperfection I saw was a scratch on side D, at the start of A Face To Call Home, which caused two audible pops. This is probably my 3rd or 4th favorite album by Mayer - it continues to grow on me and is a great listen.
- On 8.21.2022, John Mayer performed "Born And Raised" in its entirety, live, for the 1st time, at a benefit in Montana for flooding relief. The performance was streamed on Nugs.net for $20. It was well worth the price of admission. Mayer called "Born And Raised" is favorite of his albums despite the initial lukewarm response from critics. Mayer stated that fans "made" this album special. I agree 1000%
- Prior to Born and Raised, John Mayer flew too close to the sun. The kid who started out writing solo acoustic songs in his Atlanta apartment's bathroom and playing coffee shops went to selling out arenas and dating high profile movie and music stars. He was hosting TV shows and generally speaking whatever popped into his mind without any filter. All of this culminated in a disaster of a Playboy interview and taking potshots at his exes in his songs on Battle Studies. After a mountain of backlash, John took a step back, moved onto a ranch in Montana, and got back to his acoustic roots. He started writing songs, and recruited Don Was to produce what would become Born and Raised, his personal Phoenix metaphor. These are very good songs, and are reflective of a more mature songwriter who decided that speaking through his music was better than speaking through his mouth. Several of these songs are simply brilliant, including Queen of California, Something Like Olivia, and what may be one of his best songs overall, Walt Grace. This record is equally brilliant, and presents these songs the way they should be heard. In many cases, it feels like you are in the room with John as he is playing them. The vinyl is crisp, assertive, well-balanced, and a pure joy to listen to. Even if you are not a fan of John's other works, this edition is worth a listen to, as you just may change your mind about him, and remember just how incredible of a musician he is.
- Agree with the other comments, great sounding press, very tasty all the way through. Playing through a uturn orbit plus/ortofon 2m blue/marantz 2215b/dynaco a10 setup
- This is a really great pressing. My sealed copy did not include a cd but the shrink had the sticker that it was included. If someone could post their matrix runout that will help me catalog mine correctly. My guess is it was left out when it shipped to me.
- The quality of this pressing is top notch in every way. Certainly one of the highest quality in my collection
- Gorgeous sounding. No surface noise. While not his best album, it still is a nice relaxing listen. Well made.
- Nice heavweight, 180gram vinyl. Super clean out of the sleeve, almost didn't even hear the needle hit the wax on first play. Quiet between tracks, has the space and air that you love from vinyl. Great pressing!
All Versions of this Release
All Versions of this Release