- Artwork [All Other Images By] – Bryant*, Menuck*, Lemieux*
- Artwork [Burnt 16mm Frames By] – Karl Lemieux
- Band [God's Pee Was] – Aidan Girt, Bruce Cawdron, David Bryant, Efrim Manuel Menuck*, Karl Lemieux, Mauro Pezzente, Michael Moya*, Sophie Trudeau, Thierry Amar
- Bass Guitar – Mauro Pezzente
- Drums – Aidan Girt
- Drums, Vibraphone, Marimba, Glockenspiel – Bruce Cawdron
- Electric Bass, Contrabass [Contrebasse], Cello – Thierry Amar
- Electric Guitar – Michael Moya*
- Electric Guitar, Dulcimer, Keyboards [Portasound], Kemenche [Kemençe] – David Bryant
- Electric Guitar, Hurdy Gurdy – Efrim Manuel Menuck*
- Film Director [16-mm Film Projections] – Karl Lemieux
- Lacquer Cut By – HL (2)
- Mastered By – Harris Newman
- Photography By ['Atonal Canada' Photo] – Timothy Herzog*
- Photography By [Burnt 16mm Frames Re-photographed By] – Mr. Yannick Grandmont*
- Photography By [Front Cover Photo] – Charles-André Coderre
- Recorded By – Howard Bilerman (tracks: A, B)
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Bryant* (tracks: C, D), Menuck* (tracks: C, D), Moya* (tracks: C, D), Amar* (tracks: C, D)
- Violin, Keyboards [SK5] – Sophie Trudeau
“Wreck’d us our countrie’s amok torn thru with birds thee sky’s a bruis’d unreckoning thee shore’s bled dry but tepid waters.
To bury the lead in trebl’d biss, thatch the following-
Bucket-Wire, Dung, God’s Pee
Our citie’s grace and pain a stinkin’ wind – a plague of policemen and our dreams, alit, sinking in the harbour thee onlookers’ stare.”
Printed On LP Dust Sleeve:
“What we brought, what we wrought, what we got”
Sides A and B were recorded at thee mighty Hotel2Tango. Sides C and D recorded in concrete jamspace and mixed at The Pines. All of it mastered at Greymarket.
All other images by Bryant or Menuck or Lemiux.
Thanks: Doria, Wilkie, Ilavsky, Hugsam, Tommy W., Mary&Fred&The Great American Music Hall, SI, Timothy H., JEM, D. D'andrea, Latham, Patrick in The Hotel Basement, Pierced Arrows Forever & Anarchopanda.
“Fuck Le Plan Nord. Fuck La Loi 78. Montreal right now forever.”
Printed On Barcode Sticker:
Made in Canada
Printed On Front-cover Sticker:
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Pressed on 180-gram virgin vinyl and comes in a tipped-on heavyweight gatefold jacket printed in full-color process, plus a spot-metallic ink and spot-matte varnish. LP dust sleeve is 4-color print, with a center hole cut to display the record label on either side. Package includes a 7" in printed dust sleeve, and a 12" x 48" poster (printed full-color on both sides) featuring a collage of film stills specially-photographed and captured from the GY!BE live 16mm projections.
The artist is credited on the actual release only as "God's Pee", printed on the back cover, spine, and dust sleeve. Some copies have "Godspeed You! Black Emperor" printed on a front-cover sticker.
While noted here as sides A, B, C, D, the center labels list them respectively as sides A1, A2, B1, B2.
The dust sleeve artwork suggests listening in the order of A1, B1, A2, B2, to match the CD pressing.
The release includes a download code card to be used from 15th October 2012.
The YouTube video referenced in the runout groove of side D is "Once Upon a Time in Athens: The Legend of the Riot Dog", showing various photos of Loukanikos, a stray dog that was present at many protests in Greece around 2010.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (On Shrinkwrap, Text): 6 66561 00811 6
- Barcode (On Shrinkwrap, String): 666561008116
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): BC79427-01 A1 HL TWO THOUSAND STONED KIDS WILL BE STOKED
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): BC79427-01 B1 HL TOO BAD THEY DON'T VOTE
- Matrix / Runout (Side C): BC79428-01 A1 HL FOR LOUKANIKOS
- Matrix / Runout (Side D): BC79428-01 B1 HL youtube.com/watch?v=lFd0hztEUWk
Other Versions (5 of 5) View All
|CST081-2||God's Pee*||'Allelujah! Don't Bend Ascend (CD, Album)||Constellation||CST081-2||Canada||2012||Sell This Version|
|none||Godspeed You! Black Emperor*||'Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend! (4xFile, MP3, Album, VBR)||Constellation||none||Germany||2012|
|PCD-17587, CST081-2||Godspeed You! Black Emperor*||'Allelujah! Don't Bend Ascend (CD, Album)||P-Vine Records, Constellation||PCD-17587, CST081-2||Japan||2012||Sell This Version|
|none||Godspeed You! Black Emperor*||Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend! (4xFile, AAC, Album)||Constellation||none||2012|
|CST081||Godspeed You! Black Emperor*||'Allelujah! Don't Bend Ascend (4xFile, MP3, Album, 256)||Constellation||CST081||2012|