Producer [Additional] –
- Lacquer Cut By –
- Written-By, Producer –
Made in the EEC
- Barcode (Text): 8 07297 53281 4
- Barcode (Scanned): 807297532814
- Label Code: LC 10310
- Rights Society: GEMA
- Matrix / Runout (Etched / Machine stamp side A): musik 085 A ⓡ at D&M -26461-
- Matrix / Runout (Etched / Machine stamp side B): musik 085 B ⓡ at D&M -26461-
- The build up to and chord twist just before the 10 minute mark is a thing of sad beauty - you have to understand.
- Don’t pay higher prices... repress is coming! Hands up hands up!
- A comedic sonic jaunt by the ever tongue and cheek Ricardo. This EP houses two tracks of classic Villalobos groove, but arcs with a flare of self poking fun. Is it Ricardo singing on the A side track "Baby"? I postulate that it is, as it sounds like the same vocalist we have heard on many of his other tracks. The A side is not one of my faves, but it does resolve in a colorful fashion.
The B side "Hands up" is poignant as it makes me think if the "Hands up, don't shoot" movement in the US. I do know that this was released before the sad events that spawned the movement, but it is none the less a poignant analogy, especially given Ricardo has uses other samples of conversations that are sourced from US shooting incidents (i.e. two kids set off).
A worthy addition to any ones RV collection. HANDS UP!
- i'm considering myself a big ricardo fan and own this record too but i dunno..."baby" doesn't get me even after one and a half year of listening - it's so odd and strange to mix it anywhere in with these claps and snares!
hansup makes the record reeally worth though.
- "I don't know what happened to us...please touch me"
- !!! Back in stock at some shops !!!
- Ricardo, as always he is in his style!
ok B1 track Hansup really track good!