|A3||I'm Only Sleeping|
|A4||Love You To|
|A5||Here, There And Everywhere|
|A7||She Said She Said|
|B1||Good Day Sunshine|
|B2||And Your Bird Can Sing|
|B3||For No One|
|B5||I Want To Tell You|
|B6||Got To Get You Into My Life|
|B7||Tomorrow Never Knows|
- Design [Cover Design] –
- Lead Vocals [Lead Singer] – (tracks: A1, A4, B5), (tracks: A3, A7, B2, B4, B7), (tracks: A2, A5, B1, B3, B6), (tracks: A6)
- Photography By [Back Cover] –
- Producer –
- Written-By – (tracks: A1, A4, B5), (tracks: A2, A3, A5 to B4, B6, B7)
Release on 180G vinyl. Taken from 2009 EMI digital remaster.
- Barcode: 0 94638 24171 3
- Matrix / Runout (A): T S-73788 M1 S23
- Matrix / Runout (B): N S-73789 M1S20
|Revolver (LP, Album, Stereo)||Parlophone||PCS 7009||UK||1966|
|Revolver (LP, Album, Mono)||Parlophone||PMC 7009||UK||1966|
|Revolver (LP, Album, Stereo)||Capitol Records||ST 2576||Canada||1966|
|Revolver (LP, Album, Stereo, NOT Laminated Backcover)||Odeon, HÖR ZU||SHZE 186||Germany||1966|
|Revolver (LP, Album, Mono)||Odeon||MT-1021||Venezuela||1966|
- Edited one month agoStellar!!! Maybe the Beatles' best, and it sounds pretty amazing. The 2022 mono is also great, but I am used to listen to a 1990's/ early 2000's CD version in stereo, so this is the one I put on the list. But no matter which version you own, it's an amazing record which took modern music so much forward. 11.9 out of 5 stars...
Please consider it is the 1966 tape pressed on vinyl. Stereo heads might also like the 2022 stereo cut of the great Revolver Super Deluxe Edition.
- Really terrible pressing with a ton of surface noise and embedded dust and scratches. Not impressed.
- My copy of this has the labels for Rubber Soul. Anyone else come across a copy like this? Bought in store in the UK in November 2022.
- Edited one year agoInterestingly I had a first pressing UK parlophone and I prefer this 2012 pressing that I bought.
The 2014 mono sounds really nice but its different. I grew up listening to the Stereo version so maybe its ingrained in my mind
- I'm actually shocked, it sounds good! It might not be the best pressing of this album, but for what it is, and considering the bad reputation the 2012 remasters get, it's alright! If you don't know which pressing to get, in terms of stereo, this is not a bad option. Yes, there's better options out there, but you won't be disappointed if you go for this one.
- I was a little hesitant to purchase this album, considering it's from a digital remaster, essentially making this a CD pressed on vinyl. I decided that I wasn't ready to start dropping $100+ for clean original UK Beatles pressings, plus the ridiculous shipping costs from the UK.
I gave this digital remaster a shot, and I am quiet impressed. Bass is punchy, dynamics are great, vocals are crystal clear for the most part, instrument separation is solid. I wouldn't be able to tell this is a digital remaster if I hadn't know it. This is a fantastic pressing for a great price. It's worth it just to know the pressing will be free of surface noise, unlike most 1960's presses.
I do have one complaint however. There is some very noticeable inner groove distortion on final track of side one (She Said She Said). I don't notice any IGD on side two's final track (Tomorrow Never Knows).
As for the music, what more can I say... This is THE BEST Beatles album. Every song is great, and I feel that Lennon, McCartney and Harrison all shine. This album is the groups best work in my opinion, and I would say it ranks number one for me, just a tad bit ahead of the White Album, which I would say is my second favourite Beatles album. Some songs on this album would forever change the world of music, including Tomorrow Never Knows, Eleanor Rigby and I'm Only Sleeping.
- Let me start by stating- sound is relative and subjective. My ears don't hear like yours or likely anyone else's.
This stereo recording, digitally processed and manipulated as it is, sounds as good or better than any other of my stereo copies. I have over a dozen (Revolver is my Sgt. Pepper and is my favourite LP of all time). It also sounds better than nearly all my copies of the mono pressing. My original, first day pressing with the rare first Matrix, sounds as good but suffers from dozens of spins. The only mono copy that sounds far better is my analogue sourced 2013 pressing from the Mono Box.
Despite the digital influence, give this a try with open ears. The 2014 mono will now cost you a mint, so why not?
- It’s Revolver and it’s amazing in stereo. Technically the age off records was changing for the better with multi tracks during the recording season.
- Honestly, I'd rather own a mono pressing, and I will one day. But, this is a great pressing, especially for the price! So if you are not a super picky person; I'd highly recommend.
- Edited 4 years agoJust received as a present, and was purchased from Target. There's a sticker on the cellophane that states it is a pressing from a digital remastering of the original analog tapes. This made me nervous. I didn't want to offend, so I played it. The first thing I noticed is that the vinyl was immaculately clean upon removal from the sleeve. I haven't seen a brand new record this clean in a long time. I didn't even bother cleaning it as I do with most new records.
I spun it up, and wow, i was blown away. It sounds great, start to finish. No pops, crackles, nothing. Just a really solid and clean pressing. The vocals on Eleanor Rigby sounded a tad bit compressed, but honestly, I'm not sure if that's how it is supposed to sound or not.
Disclaimer: I do not own an earlier pressing of this album, so this pressing might sound awful to some. But for those of you in my situation, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase this pressing, especially if you need this album. Sounds really good to my ears!
Lastly, there was a small sticker on the back of the jacket on the cellophane that states it was made in Germany. I'm not sure if they are all pressed there or not, but for what it's worth.
Know of a better sounding pressing? I'd love to hear about it!
- Eternal top 50 by hannsmeiser
- My Vinyl Collection by golfingbobt
- Best sounding vinyl releases (and a tape) by hannsmeiser
- Favorite Albums by golfingbobt
- Masterpiece LPs in My Collection by howardowens
- Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time by rodolfocalizg
- Best albums ever by joaodebrito
- Collection Big Walt by samwalter88
- The Beatles Albums by golfingbobt
- My Beatles Collection by codemeister
- Top Dawgs by Bb_Blues
- Top 10 Classic Albums by weeatdesign
- My Classic Rock Vinyl Collection by chadizzy1
- My top 10 albums I Own by Kylesvinyl
- My Music Collection by korona1969
- Jake's Collection by bizorakon