|L1||Two Kids Set Off||13:18|
- Artwork –
- Mastered By –
- Written-By, Producer –
©&℗ Perlon 2012
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Etching, Side A): PERL 92-4 LTD A D&M
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Etching, Side B): PERL 92-4 LTD B 12/07/12 - 01/04/13 + 52° 29' 48. 70", +13° 26' 41. 32"
- Label Code: LC 11584
- The record is back in stock at hhv.de. I just grabbed my copy.
- There was a repress recently and I only just added this to my collection. I like both tracks, but I think I prefer the jazzy vibes on the A-side.
- Edited 10 years agoThe latitude and longitude coordinates on the runout etching side b are from a place in Cancun, Mexico !?!
- Edited 10 years agoi hardly can believe that this record is limited to 300 pieces. don´t know, where this information comes from. until now 182 people added it to their collection here. not every collector has a discogs account or adds everything. i bet, in some weeks there are listed much more than 300. this is a very strange phenomenon.
- Great record like stated by others. I just want to add that Two Kids Set Off uses samples coming from interviews and/or phonecalls concerning the events that took place in Columbine High School (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbine_High_School_massacre). You can find the samples pretty easily on internet. The main sample "Two Kid Set Off" comes from an interview with a fellow student who explains how at first nobody exactly knew what was happening until the students came to realise that 2 kids had entered the building and were shooting other kids randomly. You can also hear police phonecalls, however, I can't verify that these are related to the same event.
I'm maybe overinterpreting all of this, but it is well-known that Ricardo isn't exactly a real 'US fan' and maybe this can be seen as some kind of a protest track against the American fire arm law... or maybe he just used the samples to make a badass track. And keeping in mind that we as music lovers sometimes like so find a meaning which in fact is just not there, I think the latter is true ;-) Great tracks, stuff to remember!
- Edited 10 years agoFantastic and shady limited release by the Minimal Dr. Villalobos.
Track A starts out with his signiture rolling percussion, but quickly drops in some great melodic keyboard work. Phantom synth pads and reverberating tones space out into the mix and create a sonic collage of haunting proportions.
Track B is a prescription in chilling beats and samples. The samples hint of people confessing to an uncouth situation where eventually "Two kids set off". There is also a science fiction aspect to it that is realized by some droning tonality, robot like voices and a sample stating "please stand by".
Slightly on the dark tip, but definitely on the psychedelic trip, this EP gives fans of Ricardo a run for their money.
Great material and the limited fashion of this being pressed at 300 copies makes it a joy to own and spin.
- Dont pay these prices from these idiots!! just spoke to a few record shops and they have ordered more copies so there will be more coming at normal retail price :)
- This discogs prices are what happen when you put "perlon" + "ricardo villalobos" +"limited" in the same sentence. They knew this will happen. They should have put on the limited run another not so famous perlon guy and release the villalobos part 4 without all this bullshit. At the end of the day is the true lovers/fan/collectors/djs that get screwed.
- i just recieve my copy from hardwax today for 10 f.... euros
- on hardwax it's out of stock