|3||–||Reel Funk (A.W.O.L. V.I.P. Mix)||4:37|
|4||–||P. Funk Era (V.I.P. Mix)||4:59|
|5||–&||Sound Control (A.W.O.L. V.I.P. Mix)||3:21|
|6||–||The Melody Madness (V.I.P. Mix)||4:19|
|7||–||Dis Sound Ruff||3:15|
|8||–||The Pied Piper (A.W.O.L. V.I.P. Mix)||4:17|
|9||–||Everyman (A.W.O.L. V.I.P. Mix)|
|10||–&||The Dreamer (DJ Aphrodite V.I.P. Mix)|
|11||–||Fire (Dr. S. Gachet V.I.P. Mix)|
|12||–&||Touch My Toes (Dreamteam V.I.P. Mix)|
|13||–||Mash Up Yer Know (V.I.P. Mix)||6:42|
|14||–||A.W.O.L. (V.I.P. Mix)||3:39|
|15||–||Da Base 2 Dark (Mickey Finn Special Mix)|
- DJ Mix – (tracks: 1 to 3), (tracks: 10 to 12), (tracks: 7 to 9), (tracks: 13 to 15), (tracks: 4 to 6)
- Featuring – ,
- Liner Notes –
Recorded live at an A.W.O.L. night. Features crowd noise and MCs throughout the set.
- Barcode: 5029823900125
|AWOL: A Way Of Life - Live (3×LP, Compilation, Limited Edition)||Ministry Of Sound, Ministry Of Sound||AWOL/LP 1, AWOLLP1||UK||1995|
|AWOL - A Way Of Life Sampler (12", 33 ⅓ RPM, Sampler)||Ministry Of Sound||AWOLPRO 1||UK||1995|
|AWOL: A Way Of Life - Live (Cassette, Mixed)||Ministry Of Sound||AWOL/MC 1||UK||1995|
- Yeah mine is exactly the same, i got mine today and its mint condition with all the same issues... still a wicked 3 piece vinyl
- Edited 2 years agoThis is a timeless mix and one that should be on all 'collectors' lists.
The album is far from perfect though, imho it was not mastered? very well, the mcs, (brilliant though they are) are too loud and the music too quiet, problem is, the tunes are so good that you just have to turn it up making the mc's almost unbearable.
YES-Buy on sight, but be aware of the above.
In hindsight, did the live tape recording actually sound like this? (Mcs too loud/Music too quiet) If so then it carries across to the CD mix.
- Edited 16 years agoMy mates and I used to go to jungle raves from 1994-1999, buy vinyl, listen to kool fm and this CD came out at a time when rave sets were only ever released on cassette. The relentless whistles, horns, bass, mic-reverb and general brocking-out capture the live experience in a way I have never experienced before (even compared to "Metallica - live shit, binge & purge recorded in Mexico City").
With an absolute heavy-weight track selection (mostly remixed specifically for this album), GQ & Fearless giving a peerless display on the mic and 5 legendary DJ/producers this is by far-and-away the absolute "must-own" CD for anyone considering themselves a junglist/d&b hed/whatever-you-want to-label-yourself.
WE'RE L-I-V-E INSIDE
- Oh Gosh! The original sound of UK Jungle. This was a golden-age - phat basslines and intricate drumwork. If you're a jungle fan or wanna know where it started, check this mix.