Pete La Roca – Turkish Women At The Bath
|A1||Turkish Women At The Bath||5:14|
- Distributed By – Laurie Records Inc.
- Recorded At – Impact Sound Studios
- Mastered At – Bell Sound Studios
- Bass – Walter Booker
- Liner Notes – Gunther Weil
- Painting [Cover] – Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres*
- Percussion, Arranged By [Arrangements], Written-By – Pete La Roca
- Piano – Chick Corea
- Recorded By [Sound] – Richard Alderson
- Saxophone – John Gilmore
Recorded in New York, May 25, 1967.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Other (Side A label): U5RS-1663
- Matrix / Runout (Side A handwritten): U5RM-1663-1
- Matrix / Runout (Side A stamped, crossed-out): U5RM 1662 A
- Other (Side B label): U5RS-1664
- Matrix / Runout (Side B handwritten): U5RM-1664-1
- Matrix / Runout (Side B stamped, crossed-out): U5RM 1662 D
- Matrix / Runout (Stamped): Bell Sound
- Rights Society (All Tracks): BMI
Other Versions (5 of 46)View All
|Turkish Women At The Bath (LP, Album, Stereo, Indianapolis Press)||Douglas||SD 782||US||1967|
|Turkish Women At The Bath (LP, Album, Repress, Stereo)||Douglas||SD 782||US||1967|
|Bliss! (LP, Album, Reissue)||Muse Records||MR 5011||US||1973|
|Bliss! (LP, Album, Reissue, Stereo)||Muse Records||MR 5011||Netherlands||1973|
|Bliss! (LP, Album, Promo, Reissue)||Seven Seas||K22P-6049||Japan||1973|
ReviewsShow All 15 Reviews
- Undoubtedly a great album. If only there was some fun fact about the cover. Now that would really be something.
- I believe Pete LaRosa won a lawsuit regarding the name change. Perhaps he had also earned a law degree.
- Any truth to the rumor that this record played backwards is note for note identical to Don Ellis' 1967 album "Electric Bath?"
- The cover of this record looks a lot like the one from Don Ellis called "Electric Bath". I wonder if it's the same picture. Can anybody confirm this?
- I heard that some guy named Don Ellis released a record "Electric Bath" in 67' with the same cover.
- Have you already heard the Fun fact that Don Ellis' "Electric bath" from 1967 has the same cover picture?
- Is it true that Don Ellis' "Electric Bath" from 1967 has the same cover picture?
- One of the best post bop albums there is, and the original press is so hard to find, you should definitely buy it if you find one.
- A internationally not very well known factual piece of fascinating knowledge is that Don Ellis' "Electric bath" from 1967 has the same art as the cover picture. Very fun stuff!
- A not-so-arcane-knowledge-like-yet-very-interesting fact that Don Ellis' "Electric bath" from 1967 has the same cover picture - would you have guessed?
All Versions of this Release
All Versions of this Release
Marketplace2 For Sale from $450.00
- Some LPs I own by Ackaraga
- Spiritual Jazz Albums by Jazz_and_Wazmo
- Most expensive items sold in Discogs Marketplace for March 2023 by discogs
- extremely rare, valuable and collectible by panapsal
- Wantlist by Studio.B3
- Pressings_US_60s by nepomusic
- Arkestra player recordings without Sun Ra by nfowler1227
- Rare Groove & more by LhasaCrawler
- home listening by dancing_hearts
- Records We Want From You by JointCustodyDC