|A||One For The Treble (Fresh) (Vocal Mix)||6:32|
|B1||One For The Treble (Fresh) (Instrumental)||5:46|
- Phonographic Copyright ℗ – CBS Inc.
- Manufactured By – CBS Records
- Manufactured By – CBS Inc.
- Distributed By – CBS Records
- Distributed By – CBS Inc.
- Recorded At – Power Play Studios
- Mixed At – Power Play Studios
- Lacquer Cut At – Frankford/Wayne Mastering Labs
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Carrollton, GA
- Executive-Producer –
- Lacquer Cut By –
- Mixed By –
- Mixed By [With] –
- Producer –
- Recorded By, Mixed By –
- Written-By –
Manufactured and distributed by CBS Records/CBS Inc.
- Matrix / Runout (A Side Label): AA-AF 4Z9 04955-3
- Matrix / Runout (B Side Label): AA-AF 4Z9 04955-4
- Matrix / Runout (A Side Runout, Etched): 4Z9-04955-3-AB HERbiE JR :v) MASTERING BY FRANKFORD/WAYNE NEW YORK
- Matrix / Runout (B Side Runout, Etched): 4Z9-04955-4-AB HERbiE JR :v) MASTERING BY FRANKFORD/WAYNE NEW YORK
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|One For The Treble (Fresh) (7", 45 RPM, Promo, Styrene, Stereo)||Tuff City, CBS Associated Records||ZS4 04355||US||1984|
|One For The Treble (Fresh) (12", 33 ⅓ RPM)||Epic, Tuff City||12EXP 04955||Canada||1984|
|One For The Treble (Fresh) (12", 33 ⅓ RPM, Promo, Stereo)||Tuff City, CBS Associated Records||4Z9 04955||US||1984|
|One For The Treble (Fresh) (7", 45 RPM, Styrene)||Tuff City, CBS Associated Records||ZS4 04355||US||1984|
|One For The Treble (Fresh) (12", 33 ⅓ RPM, Stereo, Pitman Pressing)||Tuff City, CBS Associated Records||4Z9 04955||US||1984|
- Have to echo all other reviewers' sentiments as they are all absolutely correct!
One of the funkiest basslines there is. Those lil guitar licks. The thunderous bass kicking beats. What a perfect, tightly programmed set of DMX drum patterns. Bad ass snares, rim shots and toms. The gated reverb fills out the space so deliciously. It's 1984 but the mastering and production is fierce. The cuts and scratches match every rhythm and groove to perfection. Love the scratching of the drums. Just an addictive tune, still for me. Not forgetting the female faux London accented rap... :)
Essential Old Skool Hip Hop. Ultimate Break Dancing. Body-Popping anthem. And most importantly an eternal ELECTRO classic. One of those tunes which takes me right back every time where hip hop was its very best, new with endless possibilities. When electro was the freshest of the fresh and rocked the box the most. It really did back then.
- A MUST-HAVE 12" if you are getting into early rap/electro.
- who is the vocalist on this track ?
- agreed with reviewer below , there isnt anything overly different about this track , but i think its a combination of a few things which realyl work - the bassline , the voice/accent on female rapper , the catchy simple lyric , the rise noise behind vocal , plucked funky guitar noise - so many small things make 1 almighty ROCKER !! definitely in my top 5 electro tracks EVER .
one last small thing i would say is the same as guy below i first heard it on JOHN PEEL and ELECTRO series from STREETSOUNDS - however it wasnt vol8 it was on the best electro album ever ... which was VOLUME 3 ;-)
still amazing infact im just about to buy a fresh copy now thats why i was here lol!
- One of the best Electro / early Hip Hop records ever made, it's deadly simple but as is with all strong records it's simplicity is the key. The first time I heard it was on the Electro 8 LP - when I was about 13 or 14... this and 'Hip Hop Be Bop', 'Itchiban Scratch' and 'Knights of the Turntable' etc got me into music. If you like 80's Electro you check other Davy DMX tracks out too...
- Finds by dustyfingers75
- war chief by warchiefrecords
- 1 seller may have these I want to double up on by ICEMIKE1200
- Hip Hop Family Tree tome 4 : les disques by 1max2skeud
- Old School Rap (1980s) by disman00911
- David Toop's "Lightning Swords Of Death" (1-100) by _CHAIRMANoftheBORED_
- BOOMMSLAMMERZ by boommslammerz
- hip hop by moocifer
- Original Hip-Hop by MisterBlunt
- Ego Trip’s Greatest Hip Hop Singles of 1984 by BMcDonnell94
- MY VINYL COLLECTION by OLDSKOOLCDS1972
- Needed - Paul's Boutique Sample Sources by pt-roy
- Paul's Boutique Sample Sources by pt-roy
- Dec. 4: LIQUID SKY presents XXXTRA.VIRGIN.UNREFINED.UNFILTERED!!! by vinylot