- A Soft Shade of Easy and Mellow by Malimba
- gold standard by Penelope-Moskowitz
- Uncut Magazine | 2015-04-17 | Uncut’s 39 greatest lost albums by BIA.Records
- Rough Trade Records UK by 01-rainbowtakeaway
- Ambient Garden by snorresolberg
- Morphine Lollipop by jpmoss
- Xavi goes into space by sevennoises
- Pitchfork top 200 of the 1980s by rabaier
- FM Anos 80 by AntonioMagina
- Staff Picks: Black Friday Finds by SoLil
- Ambient Music 1969-2009 (Part 2: First Decade 1978-1987) by chaka
|A1||With My Eyes Wide Open I'm Dreaming|
|A2||A Summer Long Since Past|
|A3||From Gardens Where We Feel Secure|
|A4||Hiding In The Ha-Ha|
|B1||Out On The Lawn I Lie In Bed|
|B2||Too Bright For Peacocks|
|B3||Summer Of Their Dreams|
|B4||When The Fields Were On Fire|
|B5||It's Too Hot To Sleep|
- Co-producer, Photography By –
- Design – ,
- Producer, Engineer –
- Matrix / Runout (Side A ): ROUGH 58 A2
- Matrix / Runout (Side B ): ROUGH 58 B1
|From Gardens Where We Feel Secure (LP, Album, White Label)||Rough Trade||ROUGH 58||UK||1983|
|From Gardens Where We Feel Secure (LP, Album)||Rough Trade, Happy Valley Records (2)||ROUGH 58, HA 001||UK||1983|
|From Gardens Where We Feel Secure (LP, Album)||Fundação Atlântica, Happy Valley Records (2), Rough Trade||2402681, HA 001, ROUGH 58||Portugal||1984|
|From Gardens Where We Feel Secure / Sanctus / Melt The Snow (CD, Album, Reissue)||Happy Valley Records (2)||CY-4457||Japan||1989|
|From Gardens Where We Feel Secure (CD, Album, Promo, Reissue)||Happy Valley Records (2)||CY-4457||Japan||1989|
So glad this has an official reissue via Virginia’s Bandcamp page. Magical, comforting, otherworldly and very timely given the strange times we are going through right now.
I remember finding a copy of this in a charity shop, for just two pounds. It is such a lovely and calming album, to listen to when you are cutting your toenails!!
Any news of an impending reissue? I've heard rumours that one is imminent...
This is truly beautiful music ! It really needs a reissue...
Back in 1986 I would open the record store with this a lot. People always commented positively and sometimes...would even buy one! A great record. Her second album was more pop and had David Sylvian as a guest but this is the one!
in my top ten albums ever! field recordings with smooth sounds combined perfectly.
A well kept secret for 35 years. Still so fresh and unique it will shines forever. A contemporary masterpiece.
Unique, delicate, and magical.
beautiful record, later one's she felt she had to be more 'pop' contemporary but this now sounds just just right
It has a different cover ... .