Desaparecidos – Read Music, Speak Spanish
|Label:||Saddle Creek – LBJ-42|
|1||Man And Wife, The Former (Financial Planning)||3:16|
|4||Man And Wife, The Latter (Damaged Goods)||3:39|
|5||Mall Of America||2:41|
|6||The Happiest Place On Earth||3:02|
|7||Survival Of The Fittest / It's A Jungle Out There||2:56|
|9||Hole In One||3:06|
- Phonographic Copyright ℗ – Saddle Creek
- Copyright © – Saddle Creek
- Manufactured By – Media Services, Omaha
- Recorded At – Presto! Recording Studios
- Mastered At – Studio B, Omaha, NE
- Artwork – Zack Nipper
- Bass, Vocals – Landon Hedges
- Drums – Matt Baum
- Executive-Producer – David Dondero
- Guitar – Denver Dalley
- Keyboards – Ian McElroy
- Mastered By – Doug Van Sloan*
- Producer, Recorded By – Mike Mogis
- Vocals, Guitar – Conor Oberst
Produced & Recorded at Presto! - Lincoln, NE.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: SU101009B MEDIA SERVICES, OMAHA, NE
- Matrix / Runout: (Variant 1): M1 S1 B11125 CD10237CD382,MEDIA SERVICES, OMAHA, NE R70
- Mastering SID Code: ifpi L912
Other Versions (5 of 22)View All
|Read Music, Speak Spanish (CD, Album)||Wichita, Wichita, Clearspot, Clearspot, EFA, EFA||WEBB028, WEBB028CD, EFA CD21974, 21974-2||UK & Europe||2002|
|Read Music, Speak Spanish (LP, Album)||Saddle Creek||LBJ-42||US||2002|
|Read Music/Speak Spanish (CD, Album)||Wichita, Wichita||WEBB028, WEBB028CD||UK||2002|
|Read Music/Speak Spanish (CD, Album, Promo)||Wichita||WEBB028P||UK||2002|
|Read Music, Speak Spanish (CD, Album)||Spunk||URA068||Australia||2002|
- Quench your thirst, peoples:
They're taking $30 pre-orders for a May shipment. Pressing of 1000, comes with a bonus 7".
- somones gotta post the 2020 re-issue. Saddle Creek put it out. Just arrived at my house yesterday. Black. 180. The insert is amazing.
- Has anyone noticed the hidden picture beneath the cd holder?
- Edited 12 years agoThe album is pretty under rated. It is the pet project of cursive anD bright eyes front men. The album is deeply political and resonates with the major issues Americans have faced in the last decade. With the state of the political climate today it's an album that still is relevant and has a pretty strong allure when you look at the concept in name.
Desaparecidos were the Chilean dissidents who disappeared when Pinochet took control of the military and over threw it's democratically elected President.
Many people in countries where you're rich enough to speak out go missing. It's a testament to places that don't even have that luxury. America is deeply blessed and clearly there is
something wrong with it today, this album tries to capture those feelings. It's a solid effort and a great blend between two talented song writers. If you happen to own this on Vinyl it's a limited piece as there are no plans for reissues at this time and most people who bought this as kids didn't take into account it's the only full length release for this band meaning only a moderate amount will be in NM condition. Also take note at the title 'Read Music, Speak Spanish" they hit the nail on the head regarding the immigration commentary long before the financial meltdown provoked a scapegoat for the loss of jobs. The album isn't epic but certainly deserves merit.
All Versions of this Release
All Versions of this Release