|B2||Come Down To Us|
- Barcode (Text): 5 055300 373618
- Barcode (Scanned): 5055300373618
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, hand-etched): BD27479-01 A1 HDB080A TRANSITION
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, hand-etched): BD27479-01 B1 HDB080B TRANSITION
|Rival Dealer (3×File, MP3, EP, 320 kbps)||Hyperdub||HDB080||UK||2013|
|Rival Dealer (3×File, EP, WAV)||Hyperdub||HDB080||UK||2013|
|Rival Dealer (CD, EP)||Hyperdub||HDB080CD||UK & Europe||2013|
|Rival Dealer (CD, EP)||Beat Records||BRE-47||Japan||2013|
|Rival Dealer (3×File, FLAC, EP)||Hyperdub||HDB080||UK||2013|
- I listen to this EP on the bus and it makes me forget I’m on the bus
- Absolutely great EP sound-wise, but this press is dogshit, as is the case with all other Hyperdub plates I own (Rashad Double Cup and Untrue 2019 Re-Issue). Distortion, loss of high end, and completely destroyed stereo field compared to the digital release.
- I have a Rival Dealer LP with a completely different format
I ordered it through Bandcamp but cant find it anywhere else -
it has an off pattern and different lettering
- it's 2020 and I still get chills when I hear "I'M GONNA LOOOOOOOOOVE YOU MOOARRR THAN ANYOOooOOOooooNE". Rival Dealer is the banger that keeps on banging.
- The more I listen to it, the more I like it.
Hopefully music is not about execution only, either you feel it, either you do not :-)
"this is not about sexuality / execution, this is about who you are / what you feel when you listen to it" :-)
- "Come down to us " Is the most emotional, inventive and clever pieces of music I've heard in a very long time.
I've been listening to Ambient/breaks/leftfield/hip hop for about 25 years, but this blew my mind.
- Edited 6 years agoI really did not dig this release on first listen, I have to admit mainly because it doesn't go anywhere near the prototypical Burial sound of old, and it just seems extremely self indulgent. After several listens tho, I do like how crazy this release is. It keeps me guessing throughout the tracks, which is something I love. I kinda wish he had split it into more tracks, but I guess themes run throughout, so it doesn't matter. Just kinda hard to remember what all the parts sound like. My summary would be weird release, very cool listen, but it just doesn't resonate with me as much as the first two albums. Maybe I'll feel differently in a few years looking back at it.
- Nice EP, just not a big fan of 'Come Down To Us', I think the 'there is something out there' sample (also used in Loner at the beginning) is a bit misplaced. Hiders on the other hand is breathtaking, especially when the disco beat kicks in. And Rival Dealer surprised me, Burial's take on d'n'b? Sounds pretty awesome though!
- At first blush I hated this release, but days after hearing it I found myself recalling some of the samples and melodies and getting them stuck in my head. I would give this EP a chance and be careful not dismiss it too quickly. Although it does have some issues being a little sloppy, unfocused and really cheesy in some areas, I found it be curiously affecting and even endearing. His motives for making this, whatever they were, might have been misguided but it nevertheless packs an undeniable emotional punch well on par with his other works.
- listened to and loved burial since the start, and this work is exquisite.
i can only quote poet laureate, stanley kunitz:
"live in the layers, not on the litter"
- Really want list by jakaz03
- list by ian_s
- My All Time Classics by vinyl_beats_mp3
- war chief by warchiefrecords
- war chief by warchiefrecords
- 2k13best by Inof
- 12" Dance & Electronica Singles & EPs by Theyounginsco
- Highlights 2013 by easyrider
- На покупку приоритет by aylian
- VFF 1.4 by Tschibbe
- BOOMMSLAMMERZ by boommslammerz
- Best records of 2013 by subliminalkid
- Pitchfork top 200 of the 2010s by rabaier
- My Essentials by ofsi
- The Bootleg John Peel Show on 199 Radio - 8th October 2018 by jwratcliffe
- 1 by AlexXynias
- 2013 by Cosmogramma
- at First by nktsn
- Knuspermix 02/2016 - Anna / Porto Alegre by Knusper2000
- Hyperdub by EverybodyDaylight