|A1||New Day (Club Vocal Mix)||7:41|
|A2||New Day (Edit)||4:52|
|B||New Day (Dub)||10:43|
- Lacquer Cut At – Metropolis Mastering, Ltd
- Lacquer Cut By –
- Vocals [Uncredited] –
All tracks run at 125 BPM.
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, etched): MSR04A Metropolis Mastering Chicago M.J.R.
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, etched): MSR04B M.M.M.J.R.
- The bass 'whoomp' at 40hz causes the signal to noise ratio and the dynamics to be poor. Fine on radio as the processing takes care of it but needs care in a club setting and a bit of creative eq'ing not to use all your amp power and flap your woofers on that bass hit.
- Edited 3 months agomy copies bought @ Hardwax at around 2016 were (still) signed by Mark Richardson - it's a pre-Prairie Cat signature -> they were cut at Metropolis studio so they are pre-2000 and pretty likely to be the original cuts.
whomever made the original father/mother set - has done an extremely good/durable job so they could release multiple series from the original master cuts, relying on the original set of mothers.
modern dub techno is all about limited edition / hand numbered bullshit - Hardwax / BCP is the opposite
as they keep their music available, no bullshit, no scam, no pre-order paid media hype.
just releasing a batch, after batch, after batch to those who were late or who played their copies to death.
THIS IS HOW MUSIC SHOULD REACH THE LISTENER.
thru the record stores, no matter how late you were - you are not worse than those lucky to get it 25 years ago.
- Edited 4 months agowhy doesn't this release have multiple entries for years repressed. No way is there's over 5000 original 1995 versions floating about. Ive owned a few copies of this and they differ in certain ways like sound, packaging, vinyl thickness, center sticker info colour. Just bought another one from Japan and its supposed to be an original 95 copy. Looks new to me definitely last 5 years. Anyone have different runout info?
- ... can't choose between the original house or the dub version !
- I love everything that Basic Channel has their fingerprints on, but New Day, this is just such a special record. Everything about it is absolutely perfect. The production, truly beautiful and emotionally touching vocals, and lush, warm strings/stabs just melt me every time. Easily a top 5 all time record for me.
- My pressing sounds great despite the poor experiences some have listed below. On that note... looks like we are all logging this on the 1995 release (I don't see a link for any represses on Discogs). I bout mine sometime between 2013 and 2017. Not sure which pressing that qualifies as, but it sounds great, especially the dub on side B.
- Incredible Release! a work of art! will be timeless even after 50 years from now.
- New day has to me the best bassline in house music and will always be one of my alltime favorites.
- Not a perfect press but most definitely not as bad as the comments made me think it was. The kick is very strong though so I had a drop the bass slightly and up the volume so the vocals could push through more. Nothing major. No doubt glad I grabbed a copy.
- Don't take this as iconoclasm, but this record should be remastered. The emphasis on crunchy highs may be intentional, but it is weirdly out of place for BC -- there is nothing that sounds alike on Main Street, Maurizio, or indeed the whole catalogue. And if you like it that way, there are thousands of records in circulation to pounce on. I'd be intrigued what the D&M people could make this recording sound like if they got another little go! After all they are mastering gurus in this genre...
- Roland TR-909 by disman00911
- stuff i’ve listened to by imransavliwala
- Records To Check Out House Disco Boogie Electro Techno by FREQNIK
- dance mixe divers by jmontmory60
- record.otd by bekozlove
- Gospel / Uplifting Vocal House by foogoo
- Favourite Records by wherewasyou
- records i owned by miexer
- to buy soon by danlive22
- All-Time Favorites by alexblex
- Hausmusik by Finn
- exit by minty
- house rapide (Jaune/rouge) by labiche
- Propozycje dla Łukasza by ECHOLOKATOR
- ✌️ Saw-mon & Natalie by Saw-mon_and_Natalie
- House haul by Krypto2000
- DJ Sell by DocMathilda
- BMFAB by MVGO
- war chief by warchiefrecords
- Dub techno by oscarwroche