|Acid Wash Conflict
- Lacquer Cut By –
- Producer, Written-By –
℗ & © 1995 Seventh City Records
- Matrix / Runout (A-Side runout etching): SCD 002 A Metropolis Mastering Chicago M.J.R.
- Matrix / Runout (B-Side runout etching): SCD 002 B M.M.M.J.R.
- while everyone seems to end their trip looping the wind-up track (which in fact is very good)
this records, to me, is all about its final track - soundscape.
if I were Derrick May i'd do/pay anything to get this included in the Transmat / Fragile catalogue (:
- The first time I could listen to "Acid Wash Conflict" on his Dj Kicks and after that it was my interest to have that 12, but "Wind-Up" is a gem. Soulful, dreamy detroit techno.
- adding my two cents. **everyone** needs to hear this record.
i remember hearing lee gamble play 'acid wash conflict' on NTS a few years back which is what started my love affair with this record. it's a wicked slice of criss-crossing lines acid modulation and drum track that utterly slaps - pitch it down a bit and you've got a perfect track for those tuff techy house mixes.
'wind up' has already had a couple of mentions and for very good reason - still never heard anything like this track, it embodies everything I love about Detroit techno.. the way the track just cascades so gracefully and draws some deep emotion with those chords - proper techno soul.
'flat 36' showing everyone that techno can be weird and out-there and not a kickdrum pissing match.
'soundscape' - what more is there to say? nigh on ten minutes of searching, traveling ambient techno with an aqueous, floaty feel made for those closed eye moments - a perfect opening track..
- seems this record gets reviewed every five years.
ok my go: still incredible. still timeless. still advanced production techniques. still. still. still. still play this out and everyone thinks it's new. pure. the best. best. claude young. claude fucking young.
- The chords on Wind-Up are a sublime trip - proper soul.
- Edited 13 years agoThis is a fine record. Acid Wash Conflict is an ever changing funky near-acid track and Soundscapes is a thing of tranquil beauty. Wind-Up is a nice percussive chugger with dreamy synth chords and was named after a record shop in Edinburgh (where Claude stayed for a while). Flat 36 is named after the flat in Cumberland Street in that city where he stayed (with one of the owners of Wind Up records) and is a percussive piece best used as a short filler.
- how 'wind up' hasnt been reviewed already is a mystery in itself. that aside,to me, this record represents the very deepest and most emeotional record that he has ever produced. i remember 4-hero playing this on a kiss 100 takeover show they did back in the 90's and it stayed with me ever since. buy a copy if you dont have it already and file under 'timeless slice of deep house and techno that makes me want to cry'..........effortlessly simple and fantasticly complicated all at the same time, oh dear, my streams of tears have just wrecked my keybo8asycglzbm.....