Various – Likemind 04
|Label:||Likemind – LM-04|
Vinyl, 12", 33 ⅓ RPM
|Style:||Abstract, Techno, Experimental|
- Lacquer Cut At – The Exchange
- Pressed By – MPO
- Lacquer Cut By – GD*
Durations on label are incorrect.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout etching): MPO LM 04 NURON GD- THE EXCHANGE
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout etching): MPO LM 04 ELEGY
Other Versions (1)View All
|Likemind 04 (12", White Label)||Likemind||LM-04||UK||1996|
- Probably the one single record that I’d tuck under my arm before dashing out of a burning house. Four gorgeous, nostalgic, futuristic tracks with “Eau Rouge” as the very best. Quirky, clappy, so fun to blend into the mix, sounds great fast or slow. One of those tunes to just curl up in like a favorite blanket. Can’t overstate how central this one is to everything I, at least, personally love about techno.
- Essential compilation of epic 90's Ambient Techno tracks. Every track is a gem. Legendary.
- Eau Rouge is simply the greatest, deepest, honnestest, sweetest track of electronical music history. The blur around Nuron personnality and rariness are comforting the legend.
This can be compared to a sonata. Absolute game changer, timeless piece of art. I won't miss the next one in the selling list.
- Edited 6 years agoThis and Likemnd 1 are the two essential eps in the series 3 and 2 are good but nowhere near the all out otherworldliness of these two eps. Buy on sight!
- Edited 6 years agoOne producer, a handful of tracks, a legend, myth or just a guy who made some tunes?
Nurmad Jusat the Malaysian dude who left us with glimpses of his mind/soul/personality, probably said more in those few tracks than most say over their whole musical career.
And then he just stopped, returned to his homeland and was never heard from again.
Apart from the stories of him driving racing cars in the malaysian equivalent of the Grand Prix, and rumors that he was making music again. The myths, whispers and stories enter into folklore.
Give thanks that we have these perfectly executed and sculpted pieces of music to dream to, they touch the soul, soothe and stimulate the mind and take us to far away places deep in our memory.
- Edited 10 years agolike a lot of us here on Discogs, I own hundreds upon hundreds of records. this is one of my ten finest. track for track, simply amazing. the only track on here that is not a melodic techno masterpiece--I use that word carefully--is A1...and even there, the arpeggio that comes in is memorable. Nurmad Jusat is the star here...where is this unheralded maestro now?
- Edited 11 years agoOn this very brief but nice detroit-inspired techno label, this release in particularly stands out for me - for one track specifically. "As One - Light" is an incredibly deep piece of soulful techno music. My favorite production from Mr. Kirk Degiorgio! "Nuron – Slipstream" is also a brilliant track. Best EP on the label.
All Versions of this Release
All Versions of this Release
Marketplace8 For Sale from $130.00
Haze, shatter, DJWerkz, McVicar, BlackCrack, am_pm, simione001, neurp, 3DSP, sebfact