|A||–||Dark Metal (Remix)|
- Design –
- Mastered By –
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, stamped): RAZORS 005 A-01-01-1
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, etched): Stu.
- Matrix / Runout (Side AA, stamped): RAZORS 005 AA-01-01-1
|Remixes (12", 33 ⅓ RPM, White Label)||Razors Edge||RAZORS 005||UK||1997|
|Dark Metal Remix / Stone Killer Remix (12", 33 ⅓ RPM, White Label, 180g)||Razors Edge||RAZORS EDGE 005||UK||1997|
|Dark Metal (Source Direct Remix) / Stonekiller (Source Direct Remix) (2×File, FLAC, Remastered)||Razors Edge||RAZORS005D||UK||2015|
- Edited 7 months agoI just realised that choral sounding, haunting synthy/ vocal on "Stonekiller" is a sample of "track 4" from -Selected Ambient Works II by Aphex Twin.
- Can't really add much to what previous reviewers have said. But Dark Metal is definitely befitting of its name and Source Direct should take pride in creating what is hands down one of the most evil sounding pieces of DnB ever to be released.
It oozes fear, paranoia and a sense of lurking doom but at the same time those propulsive beats are counterpoint to the low end pressure as the voodoo flute weaves in and out of the track vying for space amongst the high end synth pads and that reverberating hoover loop.
A genuine masterpiece within the genre.
- Always managing to create an air of fear and a dark sense of unease, tech doesn't get better.
- dark metal remix has to be one of the best things source direct did. the highlight has to be that female choir synth that comes in towards the end over the mentasm loop. wish it went on forever
- Edited 17 years agoThese tracks also appear on the Metalheadz Platinum breaks II collection. Dark dark remix of the "Dark Metal" track by Goldie and their own "Stonekiller" track. This is the classic Metalheadz dark vibe by Source Direct!