|A||–w/||Poor People Must Work (Carl Craig Remix)|
|B||–||See Mi Version (Basic Reshape)|
- Lacquer Cut At – Dubplates & Mastering
- Lacquer Cut By [Uncredited] –
- Matrix / Runout (Side A - etched): BMX-4-A See Mi Yah Remixes #4 D & M Rhythm & Sound
- Matrix / Runout (Side B - etched): BMX-4-B D & M
- The Carl Craig remix (A1) is very good but way too short. It stops just when it begins to get awesome.
The Basic Reshape (A2) is as good as dub techno can get. Which means: it's good.
- The basic reshape is an awesome piece of work. Deep, and steady. Jah.
- Edited 17 years agoIts been "a little while" since Mr. Craig and the Basic Channel guys did something together..."Domina" and "Infinition" were released more than 10 years ago. So far, only the "Soundhack" remix caught my attention in this new remix series of the "Rhythm & Sound" project, but now Basic Channel and Craig set the standard where it should be. Carl Craig delivers a mix in his own signature style (all of his remixes are GOLD: the more you know about electronic music, the more you will love them) - small step sequences, lead vocals that become a recognizable theme while being broken up into syllables, keyboard harmonies that all fall in place. But the real bomb is Basic Channels own version - once again they take their definition of dub to a new level. This is the magic that happens when they step out of their self-chosen "reggae dub" exile (after delivering some groundbreaking techno cuts in the early nineties), and make a move back towards the techno- and house dancefloors. With the rhythm somewhat in the vein of "M5" and a underlying monster bass figure, this track makes a difference in any DJ set. The amount of subsonic BASS in this single is abnormal. True masters deliver, this is a must-have item.
- Edited 17 years agoWhen you want something done right do it yourself. I guess that's the moral of the SMY remix series. Basic Reshape is finally a remix really on par with the awesome originals even if Moritz & Mark had to do it themselves. With Carl Craig delivering a pretty good remix too, SMY #4 at last fullfils my high expectations for the series after the bitter dissapointment of #1, only in part corrected with #2 & #3.
- DETROIT-ish Sound! by delan
- Tracks from Groove Charts Top 50 by HaerterBSC
- ( ( ( echo ) ) ) versions DJ Mix Series Round One - Sunday Dubs by antec
- Various records that DJ's have played/owned - The DJ Producer (England). by John_Galbraith
- Essential dub techno by funkyjeff77
- keep by hipp-e
- Evgenii Thm by tahoma
- Techno purito wax by edisherashvilizuka
- Basic Channel, Etc. by MarVeloMusic
- PJD's Collection by bueller
- Gooduns by rory.turner.106
- quality by delti
- Reissues of the year 2015 by YouTellMe
- Best of 2015 by YouTellMe
- new arrivals late January 2015 by transition
- Claude's Magic Techno Journey by ckhclassics
- Best singles of 2006 by dj-maus