|A||On The Upside||5:53|
|B||On The Upside (Dub Version)||5:22|
- Published By – Jobete Music
- Published By – Not Fragile Music
- Copyright © – Emergency Records
- Phonographic Copyright ℗ – Emergency Records
- Manufactured By – Emergency Records & Filmworks Inc.
- Distributed By – Emergency Records & Filmworks Inc.
- Mastered At – Frankford/Wayne Mastering Labs
- Pressed By – Presswell
- Mastered By –
- Mixed By – (tracks: B), (tracks: A), (tracks: B)
- Performer [Instruments] –
- Producer – ,
- Written-By – ,
© & ℗ 1983 Emergency Records
- Matrix / Runout (Etchings side A): EMDS-6541-A HERbiE JR :v) ANgiE "ON ThE UpsidE iT's FREsh" "MixoLogisTs Rocks N.Y."
- Matrix / Runout (Etchings side B): EMDS-6541-B HERbiE JR :v) "Rub A Dub" "IT's SmokiNg"
- Matrix / Runout (Machine stamp both sides): MASTERED BY FRANKFORD/WAYNE NEW YORK
- Rights Society: BMI
|On The Upside (12", Maxi-Single, 45 RPM)||Emergency Records||120·19·001||Germany||1983|
|On The Upside (12")||Blackout||BXD 015||Canada||1983|
|On The Upside (12", 45 RPM)||Break Records||308337||Netherlands||1983|
|On The Upside (12", 45 RPM)||Streetwave||MKHAN 2||UK||1983|
|On The Upside (12", 33 ⅓ RPM, Promo)||Emergency Records||EMDS 6541||US||1983|
- Robbie Kilgore
Keyboardist, composer, producer, songwriter, and programmer. He has worked with Steve Winwood, Mick Jagger, James Taylor (2), Eric Clapton and Cyndi Lauper.
And much more!
- hmmm which of the two came first ?? Shannon or Xena?? both 1983
- As with the Shannon records, not sure why Barbosa & Liggett did not give Robbie Kilgore co-production credit. He played/programmed ALL the instruments after all.
- Aphex Twin samples this 'dub version' intro in his track: 1st 44 at 1:12 minute marker.
- Uses a very similar bassline to the remix of Shannon's "Let the Music Play".
- Oh, my goodness! This song is so good! They just don't make tracks like this anymore...It's such a shame. Extremely danceable, Excellent lyrics. You just can't lose! DJ'S, Must play this! DJ PSYCHO AL
- Edited 11 years agoThe programming on this track is uplifting. When Lisa Fisher screams, "love is happiness.. love is tenderness... love is huggin' and kissin'..." it makes it a little too embarrassingly *precious* to play out, but if you got the guts to do it.. the more power to you and I give you great respect. I, myself, would try a beat juggle over the singing to warble the lyrics here.
If you happen to be playing an italo party this will set your mix on fire. the slow breakyness makes it great for booty dancing-- it is not a true 4/4. The dub side is sparser and is layered with scratch sampling.
- cheaps by muddleman
- The Ultimate Latin Freestyle List by funk_wid_it
- 1000+ Paradise Garage Classics 1976-1987 by Alex_Garfath
- Uropress' All-Time Favorite Singles by uropress
- ✌️ Saw-mon & Natalie by Saw-mon_and_Natalie
- Twenty Electro Tunes by barticle
- ROLLING MOTION by ROLLINGMOTION
- Essential Electro-Funk Beats 1982/1983 by uzumaki