|A||Ignorance Is Bliss (Healing Force Project Remix) |
|B||Love Lost (Musephased By Area)|
- Mastered At – Bonati Mastering
- Artwork – ,
Artist, remixers and track durations not given on release.
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): FIREC017A BONATI MASTERING NYC BF00038-01 A1
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): FIREC017B BONATI MASTERING NYC BF00038-01 B1
- Lush 12". Area's super mellow remix is beautiful music, expertly crafted patient stuff - teasing a snare for nearly 7 minutes!! It gets dropped in just at the right time, resting on a bed of pillowy, airy pads and melancholy chords. Warm up deejays will find a lot of use for this track, I've certainly been playing it a lot. The Healing Force Project remix shouldn't go un-noticed either - more of a re-interpretation than a remix, it's an excellent percussive trip.. the loose jazzy sounds here are trademark HFP, a very unique track. I highly recommend grabbing a copy of this record, I see this one being expensive in a few years.
- Edited 7 years agoFirecracker Recordings has gone through an outstanding transition, starting with the panoram release in late 2014, the re-issue of Lnrdcroy's debut lp and the great Linkwood LP in 2015... and now this!
What you have here are two amazing remix ep's featuring upcoming talents such as nummer or Healing force project, and two (personally) lesser known artists, ghosts of the sky and Area, which both contributed with standout remixes!
The nummer remix on pt 1 is a dreamy analogue jam like one would except from the two and PT 2 features one of the best H F P tracks to date! All in all, for me the Pt 2 is the standout of the two remix eps and firecracker is high on my radar for 2016, keep it going! (btw great job on the artwork!!)