|Capsule's Pride (Bikes)
|Nightfall In Neo-Tokyo
|The Colonel's Mistake, The Scientist's Regret
|K&K (Lovers In The Light)
|Tetsuo's Dance (Ascendance)
- Mastered By –
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, etched): LMWØØ6 A BG27389-01 A1 BEAU @ TEN EIGHT SEVEN
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, etched): LMWØØ6 B BG27389-01 B1
- Jesus. Bleep's Christmas reissue didn't drive the price down at all. I'd bet half the sellers right now are from that. I bought it because I love the album. I love Discogs but sometimes I just smdh...
- This stuff is nut! Utterly danceable deep house remix LP, yet still the maverick, brain-searing, prog-rock/traditional fusion of Geinoh Yamashirogumi's original soundtrack, along with the hypnagogic, half-remembered soundbites of the English dub, warm basslines and vinyl crackles that make you feel like you're at home, under three blankets, watching the bike chase scene for the 43rd time on your laptop and everything's nice and toasty.
If Paramount wanted at least one thing done right with their doomed-from-the-start Ghost in the Shell remake, this is who they should have called, instead of having Steve Aoki slapping a generic EDM beat onto Kenji Kawai's score. This stuff is not two genres being smashed together because of market analytics, but a deep love for the original work and personal memories fused together into a killer groove.
- This is gold. I'd love a repress to add it to my collection.
- I have such mixed feelings about this. I love each and every second of this album, but English overdubs makes it too cheesy for dancefloor... but man... its Akira!
- Edited 7 years agoTo me this record is Heaven, when I die whatever universe I transverse to - Colonel's Mistake, The Scientist's Regret would help me get over the anxiety/tragedy of my death on Earth and make me feel alright. The samples Bwana pulled from Akira for that latter track are none other than iconic and the production is intelligent, well thought out and masterful. I can honestly say the same about the opening track Capsule's Pride (Bikes) which sets the magical tone from the jump with the intensity peaking out at Akira's Light. This record is legendary, an underground cult classic regardless of it being played out, the production and music speaks for itself. This record is so emotionally rich. Bwana breathes new life into the OST and brings it to up to date. Touching, Touching, Touching...
- I would have bought this on the cover alone, one of the best scenes in a comic ever. Amazing sounding pressing, too.
- Already sold out almost everywhere. Anyone got another (EU) source, or do I have to wait for the repress?
- Amazing release!!! Love everything, from the music to the videos, clever use of the samples, and most of all it still really fells like it's part of the Akira world. really. "Chapeau" Bwana and Lucky me.
- Where can I get one of this? EPIC Album! TIP