- Alto Saxophone –
- Artwork –
- Bass –
- Drums –
- Lacquer Cut By –
- Liner Notes –
- Mastered By –
- Mixed By –
- Percussion –
- Piano, Electric Piano [Rhodes] –
- Tenor Saxophone –
- Trumpet –
- Vocals –
P+C Brownswood Recordings 2016
P+C Brownswood Recordings 2016
- Barcode: 5060180322878
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, hand-etched; "1T" mirrored): BWOOD 0155 LP A 33⅓RPM FMW / FOR LooP-o / CALYX 2016 BG43261-01 A1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, hand-etched; "1Λ" mirrored): BWOOD 0155 LP B 33⅓RPM FMW / FOR LooP-o / CALYX 2016 BG43261-01 B1 1Λ
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side C, hand-etched): BWOOD 0155 LP C 33⅓RPM FMW / FOR LooP-o / CALYX 2016 BG43261-02 C1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side D, hand-etched; "1Λ" mirrored): BWOOD 0155 LP D 33⅓RPM FMW / FOR LooP-o / CALYX 2016 BG43261-02 D1 1Λ
- Does anybody know about audible differences between this original 2016 vinyl release and the reissue cut by Guy Davie at Electric Mastering?
- One of my hottest jazz records. Super produced recording!! Hot bassist, great musicians! Thrilling songs!!
- A superb album in every respect. Wonderful spiritual jazz played with energy, flair and pizzaz. The recording is every bit as good as the playing. as is the pressing. My TechDas ruthlessly shows up any shortcomings in recording or pressing and there are none to be found here. Highly recommended. Get a copy while you still can!
- I think that it's the best album of Shabaka Hutchings (although not the best vinyl recording), no matter the band and an underestimated one at the same time. Also better than the new one with the same band. It is full of energy and african rhythmes and leads on to repetitive listenings. A must buy, espesially to these low prices.
- With regards to the vinyl, I’m not sure if it’s a mastering choice, however it sounds very muddy and dull - too much on the low end. I have not heard the CD or digital versions.
- @ give_me_back_my_soul
The album sounds more finished than any other Jazz release of this year (or even decade). All songs start good and than get better, going to the dimension of perfection. The bass player is amazing and pushes the vibe to another energy level.
Sounds like the musicians understand each other without any rehearsal and the sound engineer was feelin' enlightened.
Conclusion: Beautiful spiritual soul jazz record with an excellent pressing.
- the pressing is excellent. super clean, flat, balanced, rich, etc. the music is wonderful as well. highly recommended album
- Beautiful album ! One of my best of new jazz, incredible !
- Great, great record, and these guys are even better live. The bassist is *amazing* live (they're all great)
- Best new jazz release in year 2016, and the pressing is all good too. Recommended !!
- B: New Jazz by mfpdisocogs
- Garage Line by Joe66
- 001 by Edikted82
- war chief by warchiefrecords
- soul healing by katharina_silver
- Black Mother Africa by Joe66
- Rare Groove & more by LhasaCrawler
- Gave Me Chills by Allen_Slaughter
- 🔥 2016 - Best New Music by oemebamo
- South African Jazz by diskafrique
- 2018 : A Shape of Jazz To Come by amineghattas
- Must have list 2016 by Mr.Folks
- 2016 Best Albums: Nominees by kasperzwaaneveld
- 2016 - The Records by japanesegentlemen