The Stooges – The Stooges
|Label:||Elektra – RCV1-74051, Rhino Records (2) – RCV1 74051|
Vinyl, LP, Album, Limited Edition, Reissue, Clear and Black Swirl
|Style:||Garage Rock, Punk|
|A2||I Wanna Be Your Dog||3:10|
|A3||We Will Fall|
Viola – John Cale
|B2||Real Cool Time||2:29|
- Phonographic Copyright ℗ – Elektra Records
- Copyright © – Elektra Records
- Manufactured By – Rhino Entertainment Company
- Marketed By – Rhino Entertainment Company
- Pressed By – Record Industry – 17449
- Lacquer Cut At – Capitol Mastering
- Art Direction – William S. Harvey
- Bass – Dave Alexander
- Design – Robert L. Heimall
- Drums – Scott Asheton
- Guitar – Ron Asheton
- Lacquer Cut By – IS*
- Photography By – Joel Brodsky
- Producer – John Cale
- Supervised By – Jac Holzman
- Vocals – Iggy Stooge
- Written-By – The Stooges
The Stooges self-titled debut reissued as part of the Rhino Records Rocktober event. Does not include download.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 081227943141
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1 [Stamped]): 17449 1A RCV1-74051-A G1 エ∽
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2 [Stamped]): 17449 1B RCV1-74051-B G1 エ∽
Other Versions (5 of 140)View All
|The Stooges (LP, Album, Stereo, Monarch Pressing)||Elektra||EKS 74051||US||1969|
|The Stooges (8-Track Cartridge, Album, Stereo)||Elektra||M 84051||US||1969|
|The Stooges (LP, Album, Stereo)||Elektra||SLVLXEK 415||France||1969|
|The Stooges (LP, Album, Stereo)||Elektra||EKS-74051||UK||1969|
|The Stooges (LP, Album, Stereo)||Elektra||EKS-74051||Australia||1969|
- Beautiful pressing. Nice and clear, deep lows, crisp highs. V ery pleased with this pressing
- STUNNED at how good this record sounds! My licorice pizza is also mostly clear with black swirl.
- Sounds great but it might as well be labeled as just a clear variant.
- I'm usually very wary of color pressings but just wait until We Will Fall hits. Really clear and deep. Hits hard.
- Love it, I like the clear design a lot compare to other comment, it's unique and fits with the band dark age
- My copy look and sound very good, it's definitely more clear than on the picture and it look beautiful to me, just enjoy it
- I agree with the other guys. The pressing sounds good but the black swirl is nothing like pictured above. Mine is the faintest of faint swirls through clear vinyl that makes the record look grubby more than anything else. An unattractive item to look at but it sounds great... kinda like Iggy, I guess.
- I really dont go for coloured vinyl as I dont see the point but I picked this up for 15 euro not expecting much....man was I wrong as the pressing was excellent . Treble and bass are next level and I was so happy I got a big bag of cans and got pissed....missed work the next day and my neighbours hate me. God I'm so rock and roll.
- I have a copy with the latest date of 2016 on it but it's not found on the discogs list of releases. It would be most similar to this one but non colored and the barcode I just can't find a match on. Mine says 081227979430. Anyone got any insight on this one. It's also similar to the 2010 US 180g. But that has a hype sticker and this doesn't, and has a repress date of 2016 on it so it can't be that one. Anyone have any insight on this print?
- This press is beautiful and sounds the same. Warm and loud without any surface noise. Very happy with the quality.
All Versions of this Release
All Versions of this Release