|1||Virta 1. = Current 1.|
|2||Lähetys = Transmission||4:53|
|3||Koneistaja = Machinist||2:48|
|4||Hyönteisistä = About Insects||2:51|
|5||Laptevinmeri = Laptev Sea||4:59|
|6||Kuumuudessa Muodostuva = Forming In Heat||2:16|
|7||Hertsilogia = Herzlogy||4:54|
|8||Suhteellinen = Comparative|
|9||Kytkennät = Connections||6:54|
|11||Hinaaja = Tugboat||5:06|
|12||Tykitys = Cannoning||3:18|
|13||Leikkuri = Cutter||2:26|
|14||Virta 2. = Current 2.|
- Design – ,
- Mastered By –
- Photography By [Photographs] –
- Written-By [All Tracks] – ,
Recorded in Berlin 2005-2006.
Released in a digipak.
Released in a digipak.
- Barcode (Text): 8 23566 42102 3
- Barcode (String): 823566421023
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1 to 4): PTYT006 ENCONAHEAD.CO.UK 01
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1 to 4): IFPI L135
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 04AP
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 0467
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3 - Inner Ring): IFPI 0471
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3 - Outer Ring): IFPI 04BC
- Other (Variant 3 - Outer Ring): IFPI HU11 erased with XXXXXXX
- Other (Variant 3 - Inner Ring): MADE IN THE UK
- Mould SID Code (Variant 4 - Inner Ring): IFPI 0414
- Mould SID Code (Variant 4 - Outer Ring): IFPI 04AA
Always ahead of the game, Mika Vainio and Ilpo Väisänen have been experimenting with sound and noise since 1993. Before blasting their latest 2007 release through my speakers, I dusted off this Finish duo's 1997 release, Kulma, to see how it held up after ten (10!) years. And it totally mashed my mind! Here's my advice to all the artists looking for inspiration for creating innovative sound - Pan[a]Sonic's done it. The abstract and minimal sound design constructed through custom made instruments and recorded live straight to DAT (that's right, I said live) only gets more of my respect with years. In Katodivaihe, pure tones, ultrasonic pulses, and sine waves are joined by Hildur Guðnadóttir's eerie cello treatments on three astonishing tracks. The thick and low-rumbling techno beats groove with the dying circuitry and remind me of a very first all-electronic music score by Louis and Bebe Barron for 1956 Forbidden Planet (I'm a proud owner of that vinyl soundtrack). Besides this album, Vainio managed to release a single EP, titled Ikuinen, under his Ø alias for his home label, Sähkö Recordings. Recommended if you follow evolution of sound with Autechre, Alva Noto, and Fennesz. Favorite Tracks : Laptevinmeri / Laptev Sea and Suhteellinen / Comparative.