Various – The Smithsonian Collection Of Classic Jazz
The back of the box jacket lists the main name on each track, but the booklet lists the full name of each group which was used in the track listing.
Note: Regarding matrix runouts, the first parts were stamped and the IT, \T and other parts were etched.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Var 1 Side A, stamped, etched): AS-11892-1F IT
- Matrix / Runout (Var 1 Side B, stamped, etched): BS-11892 -1F IT
- Matrix / Runout (Var 1 Side C, stamped, etched): AS 11893-1C \T
- Matrix / Runout (Var 1 Side D, stamped, etched): BS11893--1H IT
- Matrix / Runout (Var 1 Side E, stamped, etched): AS 11894 -1J IT
- Matrix / Runout (Var 1 Side F, stamped, etched): BS 11894 -1F IT
- Matrix / Runout (Var 1 Side G, stamped, etched): AS 11895--1D IT
- Matrix / Runout (Var 1 Side H, stamped, etched): BS 11895-1H IT
- Matrix / Runout (Var 1 Side I, stamped, etched): AS 11896--1E IT
- Matrix / Runout (Var 1 Side J, stamped, etched): B S 11896-1D IT
- Matrix / Runout (Var 1 Side K, stamped, etched): AS 11897-1B IT
- Matrix / Runout (Var 1 Side L, stamped, etched): BS 11897-1D IT
- Matrix / Runout (Var 2 Side A, stamped, etched): AS-11892-1E S\ A6
- Matrix / Runout (Var 2 Side B, stamped, etched): BS-11892 -1D 2Tl A8
- Matrix / Runout (Var 2 Side C, stamped, etched): AS 11893-1C \T o 6C
- Matrix / Runout (Var 2 Side D, stamped, etched): BS11893--1G S\ A3
- Matrix / Runout (Var 2 Side E, stamped, etched): AS 11894 -1G /T Λ
- Matrix / Runout (Var 2 Side F, stamped, etched): BS 11894 -1D S2 A3
- Matrix / Runout (Var 2 Side G, stamped, etched): AS 11895--1B lT C34
- Matrix / Runout (Var 2 Side H, stamped, etched): BS 11895-1G S2 A8
- Matrix / Runout (Var 2 Side I, stamped, etched): AS 11896--2D lT F17 o
- Matrix / Runout (Var 2 Side J, stamped, etched): BS 11896-1E S2\ A3
- Matrix / Runout (Var 2 Side K, stamped, etched): AS 11897-1B IT B25
- Matrix / Runout (Var 2 Side L, stamped, etched): BS 11897-1F S2 B3
- Other (ISBN): 0-393-09300-X
Shipping and Payment Terms:
Accepted Payment Methods for Domestic orders: Credit Card, Cashiers Check and Money Order
International orders will receive an emailed invoice that can be paid by Credit Card or Bank Transfer through our payment processor Stripe.com
Most orders ship within 3 business days from payment. If your order falls on a Friday, it may not ship until Monday. Please keep this in mind when placing your order or asking about an order’s status. We try to respond to questions as soon as possible. That being said, we are a brick and mortar business that operates during normal business hours. Please do not panic if you do not get a response immediately. We've been around for 50 years and we're not going anywhere.
DOMESTIC (U.S.) SHIPPING RATES
USPS Priority Mail* (About 2 - 3 business days, depending on location): $10 plus $1 per LP. Request quote for orders of 3 or more albums.
Media Mail (2 - 8 business days): $4 for unlimited items!
$4 shipping for unlimited 7" records.
OHIO CUSTOMERS will be subject to 5.75% Ohio sales tax. Please wait to pay your invoice, we will add tax amount into the shipping cost.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING (First Class International)
One or two 7" records shipped alone - $16.50
Up to 2 lbs (approximately 1 - 3 LPs)* - $28
2 - 3 lbs (approximately 3 - 4 LPs)* - $39
3 - 4 lbs (approximately 4 - 5 LPs)* - $54
Priority Mail International (anything over 4 lbs) - starts at $65
One or two 7" records shipped alone - $13
Up to 2 lbs (approximately 1 - 3 LPs)* - $18
2 - 3 lbs (approximately 3 - 4 LPs)* - $27
3 - 4 lbs (approximately 4 - 5 LPs)* - $39
Priority Mail International (anything over 4 lbs) - starts at $45
*International shipment cost is based on weight. These are general quotes and some releases may weigh more and require additional shipping cost (i.e. MOFI, 180 gram, 200 gram). Anything over 4 lbs in weight will be shipped Priority Mail International.
International buyers: Please do not place an order if you plan to ask us to declare a lower customs value. We will not.
First Class international shipments include a U.S. Customs tracking number, which will track until the time that it is scanned with the U.S. Customs Department. From that point, it may or may not be scanned again when it arrives in your country. The only way to purchase an actual tracking number is by shipping Priority Mail International. This tracking number would track the entire delivery. If you choose First Class International shipping, there are no updates that we can provide beyond what the U.S. Postal Service provides online. We do not issue refunds for an item that is in transit. That item will need to be returned to us before any refunds are issued.
ALL BUYERS: We'll add a poly sleeve for an additional $0.50 (will be added into the shipping cost). This is recommended if you request that we ship the LP's outside of the outer sleeve.
Most shipments are packed in our custom record mailers, which are designed to protect the corners of the LP's. Cardboard inserts are used, if needed.
Larger orders will be packed appropriately with bubble wrap, inserts, or double boxing (we do what will best protect your particular albums). Packaged and shipped with LOVE! On occasion, items are mass listed as sealed that do not come from the manufacturer that way. We ship everything to you as received from the manufacturer.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We will accept returns within 7 days for a refund on the cost of the record(s). The record(s) must be in the same condition that you received it. We will not refund shipping costs.
If a shipment is returned to us by the post office, you will be responsible for paying the additional postage to re-send the shipment. It’s important to confirm that your PayPal and Discogs shipping addresses are accurate and up-to-date.
We do not guarantee the color of LP's on sealed records (unless a hype sticker is present). We can open records prior to shipping to check color. If this is requested, we will include a free poly sleeve for protection during shipping.
Unless noted in the item description, we do not tell what specific numbered copies we have of an item. We have a moving inventory and cannot guarantee we will still have or will pack the specific number that was quoted.
We do not cover seam splits, as we are happy to ship records outside of the sleeve. Please request this if you are concerned about splitting.
We cannot cover warped albums as warping doesn't affect play. If you are concerned with warping, we can open your items prior to shipping to verify that they are not warped. If they are, we can get a replacement prior to shipping to you.
If you receive a record that is truly defective, we can provide a replacement. When the defective record is returned to us, we will test play to detect the problem. We will also test play the replacement prior to shipping so that we can confirm that same issue isn't present. If you choose to not allow us to replace the item, we will issue a refund for the cost of the item only, not the original shipping cost. Please note that defects on new and sealed items are rare. Most can be corrected by a turntable adjustment.
We offer photos of all used records (vinyl and sleeve). If you do not ask for the photos before purchasing/shipping, we will not offer full refunds for returned items. There is too much of a risk for further damage when shipping these items back and forth, thus diminishing their quality and value. We test play all used records on a high end turntable and grade the records accordingly. Feel free to ask any questions about our used records prior to purchasing.
All issues must be handled within 30 days of receipt of records.
International Buyers - IMPORT DUTIES / TAXES:
Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to buying. All purchased items will be declared at their actual value. *Please do not place an order if you plan to ask us to declare a lower customs value. We will not.*