Beastie Boys – Licensed To Ill
|A1||Rhymin’ & Stealin’||4:08|
|A2||The New Style||4:35|
|A4||Posse In Effect||2:27|
|A7||Fight For Your Right||3:28|
No Sleep Till Brooklyn
Lead Guitar – Kerry King
Written-By – Adam Horovitz, Darryl McDaniels, Joseph Simmons
|B3||Hold It Now, Hit It||3:29|
Slow And Low
Written-By – Darryl McDaniels, Joseph Simmons
|B6||Time To Get Ill||3:37|
- Art Direction – Stephen Byram
- Artwork [Cover Art] – World B. Omés
- Co-producer – Beastie Boys
- Engineer [Head] – Steve Ett
- Mastered By – Howie Weinberg
- Photography By [Gatefold Photo] – Sunny Bak
- Photography By [Sleeve Photos] – Ricky Powell (2)
- Producer – Rick Rubin
- Written-By – Beastie Boys (tracks: A1 to A7, B3, B4, B6), R. Rubin*
There is another version that lacks the DMM runout etching.
There is also another version with the catalog number BFC 40238 printed on the spine.
Catalog number is printed as FC 40238 on the cover spine and as C 40238 on the disc labels.
Per Tim Neely of Goldmine:
"In the 1980s, there also were albums with three letters, usually "BFC"; these are early pressings of certain LPs that were released at a lower list price. If they became popular, they were re-released without the "B" (as "FC") with a revised bar code (usually adding an "02" to the number on the back) and a higher price."
© 1986 CBS Inc.
℗ 1986 CBS Inc.
Manufactured by Columbia Records/CBS Inc., 51 W. 52 Street, N.Y., N.Y.
Gatefold cover with printed inner sleeve.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 74644 02381 02
- Barcode (String): 0746440238102
- Matrix / Runout (Label side A): AL 40238
- Matrix / Runout (Label side B): BL 40238
- Matrix / Runout (Runout variant #1 side A hand-etched): Get off my DICK 666 [arranged in a triangle] AL-40238-1B D GI MASTERDISK DMM
- Matrix / Runout (Runout variant #1 side B hand-etched): Watch your back ... BL-40238-1C GI MASTERDISK DMM K2
- Matrix / Runout (Runout variant #2 side A hand-etched): GeT off My BACK 666 [arranged in a triangle] AL-40238-1B D GI MASTERDISK DMM
- Matrix / Runout (Runout variant #2 side B hand-etched): S13MA 3 SBMOH WATCH YOUR BACK 45567-B BL-40238-1A G3 DIA14
- Barcode (Runout variant #3 side A hand-etched): Get off my Bick BBB (arranged in triangle) 45567-A AL-40238-1A G4 MASTERDISK C16 SBMA 4 SBMO 3
- Barcode (Runout variant #3 side B hand-etched): WATCH YOUR BACK BL-40238-1C G1 MASTERDISK DMM D3
- Other (Sticker on shrink-wrap): 40238-S1
$4 for up to 4 LP's in the USA.
$4 for up to 6 45's in the USA.
$17 for 1 or 2 LP's to Canada.
$11 for 1 or 2 45's to Canada.
$23 for 1 or 2 LP's worldwide.
$15 for 1 or 2 45's worldwide.
Over 4 LP's or 6 45's in the USA or over 2 LP's or 45's outside of the USA will be weighed and priced with the exact shipping quote from the USPS website.
Double Albums or Special Heavy weight vinyl pressings or Single LP's that come with huge booklets, etc. count as 2 LP's.
Box sets: Shipping varies depending on the size and weight of the box set. In the USA it will range from $4 to $15. Outside the USA it will most likely be more than you want to spend! Unless it is a small box set, then ask me for a shipping quote before you buy it.
$4 for up to 5 CD's in the USA.
$11 for 1 or 2 CD's to Canada.
$15 for 1 or 2 CD's Worldwide.
Over 5 CD's in the USA or over 2 CD's outside of the USA will be weighed and priced with the exact shipping quote from the USPS website.
CD box sets: Shipping varies depending on the size and weight of the box set. In the USA it will range from $4 to $15. Outside the USA it will most likely be more than you want to spend! Unless it is a small box set, then ask me for a shipping quote before you buy it.
***CD plastic jewel cases may be scuffed or cracked. I do not grade the Jewel case, only the disc and the artwork.
$4 for up to 6 Cassettes in the USA.
$11 for 1 or 2 Cassettes to Canada.
$15 for 1 or 2 Cassettes worldwide.
Over 6 Cassettes in the USA or over 2 Cassettes outside of the USA will be weighed and priced with the exact shipping quote from the USPS website.
***Cassette plastic cases may be scuffed or cracked. I do not grade the Plastic case, only the Cassette and the J card.
All records, cd's or cassettes valued $250 or more being sent outside the USA must be sent by Express mail with tracking.
All records, cd's or cassettes valued $100 or more being sent inside the USA must be insured for an additional $4.
There are no exceptions. This includes packages with multiple items that add up to $50 or more outside the USA or $100 or more inside the USA.
On Really heavy packages being sent outside the USA, I will weigh them and give you the exact cost of Priority mail express shipping. Usually a 10lb package is around $100.
M = This grading is only given to sealed items.
NM = Looks either perfect or really close like one or two tiny scuffs.
NM- = Looks too good to be VG+ but might have some light rub marks or a few very light scuffs. Will still play perfect.
VG+ = Might have a few light scuffs or one or two scratches that might make a little click or background noise but will not skip. Overall a very nice playable copy. Basically just light normal wear that most records that have been played a lot will have. A lot of the time a VG+ copy will still sound like a NM copy.
VG = lots of scuffs or scratches will most likely have background noise and maybe some clicks but still should not skip. Depending on the pressing VG records will still play fine and some will sound way better than they look.
G+ = really beat up but still playable. Will have lots of noise and possibly a skip or two.
G = This is as beat up a record as I will sell and I will only sell it in this condition if it is really hard to find. Assume it looks like it was left on a highway for a month, but somehow did not crack in half.
There are exceptions such as a NM record that has 1 scratch but it is a deep scratch that may click or skip might be marked VG because of the 1 scratch. In these cases it will be noted in the comments.