Big Brother & The Holding Company – Cheap Thrills
|A1||Combination Of The Two||5:45|
|A2||I Need A Man To Love||4:56|
Arranged By [Arr.] – S. Andrew*Written-By – D. Heyward*, G. Gershwin*
Piece Of My Heart
Lead Guitar – Sam*Written-By – Bert Berns, Jerry Ragovoy
Guitar – Peter*Piano – John SimonWritten-By – J. Joplin*
|B2||Oh, Sweet Mary||4:16|
Ball And Chain
Lead Guitar – James*Written-By – "Big Mama" Thornton*
- Artwork [Art] – R. Crumb*
- Drums – Dave Getz
- Engineer – Fred Catero, James Gurley, Janis Joplin, Jerry Hochman, Roy Segal
- Guitar – James Gurley
- Guitar, Bass – Peter S. Albin*, Sam Houston Andrew III*
- Photography By [Jacket Interior] – Elliot Landy*
- Photography By [Rear Cover] – Thomas Weir
- Vocals – Janis Joplin
as indicated by a "T" etched in the runout areas.
Released in a Gatefold cover on a red "360 sound" label with white lettering.
Although Janis Joplin has a release-wide vocal credit (and indeed sings on every song), on the individual song credits, only 'Sam' is credited for vocals on Tracks A1 and B2.
Track A3 is incorrectly credited to Gershwin Bros. on the front cover, though the label correctly credits George Gershwin and DuBose Heyward.
Track B3 is credited to W. M. Thornton on the label, and "Big Mama" Thornton on the front cover.
Live material recorded at Bill Graham's Fillmore Auditorium (tracks A1, A2 & B3). Turtle Blues "Vibes" courtesy of Barney's Beanery. Approved By Hell's Angels Frisco
Tracks A1 to A3, B1, B2 published by ASCAP. Tracks A4 and B3 published by BMI.
Stereo "360 Sound". Manufactured by Columbia Records/CBS, Inc. Litho in USA. Printed in USA. Rear cover photo © Thomas Weir 1967.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Label, Side A): XSM 137375
- Matrix / Runout (Label, Side B): XSM 137376
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side A (Variant 1)): o XSM 137375 -1C
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side B (Variant 1)): o XSM 137376 -1C
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side A (Variant 2)): XSM137375 -1D
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side B (Variant 2)): XSM137376 -1A
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side A (Variant 3)): XSM 137375-1B
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side B (Variant 3)): XSM137376-1D
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side A (Variant 4)): o XSM137375-1E
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side B (Variant 4)): o XSM137376-1E
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side A Stamped (Variant 5)): o XSM 137375 -1D T F2
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side B Etched (Variant 5)): T o XSM 137376 -1A A2
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side A (Variant 6)): o XSM 137375 -1C (etched)
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side B (Variant 6)): XSM 137375 -1F (stamped)
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side A (Variant 7)): o XSM 137375 -1C (etched)
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side B (Variant 7)): o XSM137376-1E (stamped)
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side A (Variant 8) stamped, (T C1) etched ): o XSM 137375-1D T C1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side B (Variant 8) etched): o XSM 137376-1A 1 Λ/C 3 T
~ MY MARKETPLACE WILL BE CLOSING DOWN IN MAY 2020! ~
MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER ITEMS TO SAVE ON SHIPPING COSTS! :~)
U.S. MEDIA MAIL SHIPPING RATES:
1-3 records: $5
each additional record is +$1*
*for CDs, tapes, records < $4, each additional item is +$.50
SHIPPING CAN BE NEGOTIABLE
**Orders are prone to cancellation 5 days after an invoice is sent; orders are automatically cancelled after 7 days if payment is not sent**
*PLEASE message before making an offer, especially on high-cost items
Can send pictures/test product upon request.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!
BOOTLEGS FOR SALE: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bKVNGza1ZMz13tgrOu1XRr5etp_exfZilNkP-DeKaUU/edit?usp=sharing
(Discogs policy) SALES TAX applies to the following states:
AL, AK, CA, IA, ID, IN,
KY, MA, MD, ME, MN,
NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY,
OK, PA, RI, TX, UT,
VA, VT, WA, WI, WV,