Sidney Bechet – Jazz Classics Vol. 1
|B2||Dear Old Southland|
- Recorded At – WMGM Studios
- Recorded At – Reeves Sound Studios
- Recorded At – WOR Studios
- Pressed By – Plastylite
- Record Company – Blue Note Records
- Baritone Vocals – Fred Moore* (tracks: A3, B3)
- Bass – Johnny Williams (tracks: B1), Pops Foster (tracks: A1 to A3, B2, B3)
- Clarinet – Sidney Bechet (tracks: A1 to A3, B3)
- Composed By – Artie Matthews (tracks: A3), George Gershwin (tracks: B1), Kid Ory (tracks: A1), Charlie Jackson* (tracks: B3), Sidney Bechet (tracks: A2), Turner Layton (tracks: B2)
- Design – Paul Bacon (2)
- Drums – Fred Moore* (tracks: A3, B3), Manzie Johnson (tracks: A1, A2), Sidney Catlett (tracks: B1, B2)
- Guitar – Teddy Bunn (tracks: B1)
- Piano – Art Hodes (tracks: A1 to A3, B3), Meade Lux Lewis* (tracks: B1)
- Soprano Saxophone – Sidney Bechet (tracks: A1 to B3)
- Trombone – George Lugg (tracks: A3, B3), Vic Dickenson (tracks: A1, B1)
- Trumpet – Max Kaminsky (tracks: A3, B3), Sidney De Paris (tracks: A1, A2)
First catalogue number on cover, second on label.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, etched): BN-LP-7002-AX [the Plastylite "ear"]
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, etched): BN-LP-7002-BX [the Plastylite "ear"]
- Matrix / Runout (Label side A): (BN 7002-A)
- Matrix / Runout (Label side B): (BN 7002-B)
Last updated: October 28, 2020
I'm a collector located in the Netherlands and always busy buying new stuff. To finance it, I need to sell some too and that's what you'll find in my Discogs store. I'm not a commercial seller and I know what's important for collectors: correct grading and safe packaging. And that's what I do; treating people the way I want them to treat me! I care about what I sell and I care about my buyers.
Read on for all boring but necessary details about shipping.
Due to Discogs new shipping policies I was forced to try and make a match with the shipping policies I used and which were developed in the recent years to what was needed in my situation. I did not succeed and then decided to make some serious changes and simplifications to get it all workable and to be able to continue my Discogs operations as a seller.
Here's what became of it:
1. One shipping option for each destination
I am using only one standard shipping option for each of the several destinations I work with, which are a) the Netherlands, b) EUR 1 countries minus Italy c) EUR 2 countries, the UK and Italy, d) USA, Canada, Japan, Australia, New Zealand and e) the rest of the world.
2. Extra costs are mine
With larger quantities and when track & trace or insurance is demanded (orders over €50), the extra costs are mine. So; you can buy whatever you want and you will not pay more than the standard shipping amount given for your location.
3. Shipping costs refund
For CD's and singles I'll refund the shipping costs above the rounded off, actual shipping costs. This means for example that when Discogs lists a 45 with €20 for shipping, the actual costs could be €10 and you'll get a refund of €10 after you paid for the invoice. It's not ideal, but it appeared to be very complicated (if possible at all) to settle this with Discogs shipping policies. See table below for an indication of the actual shipping costs for CD's/45's to the several destinations.
4. Insurance and track & trace for orders below €50
For orders below €50 to destinations a) and b), track & trace and insurance are still optional and must be paid for separately. Track & trace and insurance is already calculated in the standard shipping costs for the other destinations except for d) - one of the amounts shown is chosen, based on the sales price (45's/CD's only), but these are both covered by the shipping amount on the invoice.
Estimates of most of the actual shipping costs for 1-2 CD's and 1-3 45's (larger quantities will be sent as LP's, which is what's given in the ads/listings):
a. (The Netherlands) €4,00
b. (EUR1 countries except Italy) €8,00
c. (EUR2 countries and Italy) €18,00
d. (USA, Canada, Japan, Australia, New Zealand) €11,00 or €20,00 (insured)
e. (Rest of the world) €20,00
Send me a message in case you have any questions!
+ €25.00 shipping
(about $45.73 total)
Media: Very Good (VG) Noticeable groove wear and light scratches. Surface noise will not overpower the music.
Sleeve: No CoverWhat does this condition mean?
Item Ships From: Netherlands
Payment Information: PayPal
Nice original Blue Note 10 inch (767 Lexington Avenue address), a very enjoyable copy though you can hear some background noise and a few tics, no cover. See photo's here: https://philips-minigroove.com/blue-note-7002