Jackson Browne – The Pretender
Bass – Leland SklarDrums – Russell Kunkel*Piano – Craig DoergeSlide Guitar – David Lindley
Your Bright Baby Blues
Acoustic Guitar – Jackson BrowneBass – Chuck RaineyDrums – Jim GordonOrgan – Billy Payne*Piano – Roy BittanSlide Guitar, Harmony Vocals [Harmony] – Lowell George
Guitar [Vijuella], Guitar, Backing Vocals [Background Vocal] – Luis F. Damian*Guitarrón [Guitaron], Violin, Backing Vocals [Background Vocal] – Roberto GutierrezHarp, Backing Vocals [Background Vocal], Arranged By – Arthur GerstOther [Millones De Gracias A] – Van Dyke ParksRecorded By – Greg Ladanyi
Here Come Those Tears Again
Bass – Bob GlaubDrums – Jim GordonElectric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar – Fred TackettHarmony Vocals [Harmonies] – Bonnie Raitt, Rosemary ButlerOrgan – Mike Utley*Performer [Random Notes] – Jon LandauPiano – Billy Payne*Soloist [Guitar Solo], Guitar – John Hall*Written-By – Jackson Browne, Nancy Farnsworth
The Only Child
Acoustic Guitar – Fred TackettBass – Chuck RaineyDrums – Jeff PorcaroElectric Guitar – Albert LeeHarmony Vocals [Harmonies] – Don Henley, John David SoutherPercussion – Gary ColemanPiano – Billy Payne*Violin – David Lindley
Arranged By [Horns Arranged By] – Jim HornBass – Leland SklarDrums – Jeff PorcaroGuitar [Guitar Left] – Fred TackettGuitar [Guitar Right] – Waddy*Horns – Chuck Finley*, Dick Hyde, Jim Horn, Quitman Dennit*Piano – Craig DoergeSlide Guitar – David Lindley
Sleep's Dark And Silent Gate
Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar – Fred TackettArranged By [Strings Arranged By] – David CampbellBass – Leland SklarDrums – Jeff PorcaroMixed By – Val GarayPiano – Craig Doerge
Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar – Fred TackettArranged By [Strings Arranged By] – David CampbellBass – Leland SklarDrums – Jeff PorcaroHarmony Vocals [Harmonies] – David Crosby, Graham NashPiano – Craig Doerge
- Manufactured By – Elektra/Asylum/Nonesuch Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Asylum Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Elektra/Asylum/Nonesuch Records
- Copyright (c) – Elektra/Asylum/Nonesuch Records
- Published By – Swallow Turn Music
- Published By – WB Music Corp.
- Published By – Open Window Music
- Published By – Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp.
- Recorded At – Sunset Sound
- Mixed At – The Sound Factory
- Mastered At – A&M Mastering Studios
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Santa Maria
- Art Direction, Design – Gary Burden
- Liner Notes [Brown And Agile Child] – Pablo Neruda
- Management – Mark Hammerman
- Mastered By – Bernie Grundman
- Mixed By – Greg Ladanyi (tracks: A1 to B2, B4)
- Mixed By [Assisted By] – Dennis Kirk (tracks: A1 to B2, B4)
- Other [The Road] – Howard Burke
- Other [The Sky] – Peter Golden
- Other [With Thanks To] – Tony Lane
- Photography By [Back Cover Photo] – Jackson Browne
- Photography By [Front Cover Photo By] – Tom Kelley Studios
- Producer – Jon Landau
- Recorded By [Additional Recording] – Mark Howlett
- Recorded By [Assisted By] – Paul Black
- Recorded By [Tracks Recorded By] – John Haeny (tracks: A1 to A2, A4 to B4)
- Translated By [Brown And Agile Child] – Kenneth Rexroth
- Written-By – Jackson Browne (tracks: A1 to A3, B1 to B4)
Recorded at Sunset Sound, Mixed at The Sound Factory with Aphex Aural Exciter, Mastered at A&M.
Managed By: for One On One
With Thanks To Lowell George and Valerie Carter for their inspiration and Elizabeth Reynolds for everything else.
Thanks always to David Geffen.
Bonnie Raitt & Lowell George appear courtesy of Warner Bros. Records, Inc.
Graham Nash & David Crosby appear courtesy of ABC Records, Atlantic Records & Polydor International GmbH.
All songs, published by Swallow Turn Music, WB Music Corp. ASCAP, except "Here Come Those Tears Again" by Swallow Turn Music, WB Music Corp. ASCAP and Open Window Music, Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp. BMI
℗ 1976 by Asylum Records
℗&© 1976 Elektra/Asylum/Nonesuch Records
Mfg. by Elektra/Asylum/Nonesuch Records
Another same catalog # exists with matrix# 7E-1079-A SP/7E-1079-B SP on labels.
CSM = Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Santa Maria pressing
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Label, Side One): 7E-1079-A (CSM)
- Matrix / Runout (Label, Side Two): 7E-1079-B (CSM)
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Etched, Side One): 7E-1079 A-1 CSM [I underlined] 5 1 S
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Etched, Side Two): 7E-1079 B-1 CSM B8 1 S
- Matrix / Runout (Runout A etched, variant): 1S 7E-1079 A-1 CSM 911
- Matrix / Runout (Runout B etched, variant): S1 7E-1079 B-3 CSM
- Rights Society: ASCAP, BMI
- Pressing Plant ID: CSM
$4.75 for 1-2 items (lp), 3 or more, free shipping in U.S. when order is over $20, shipped media mail. Priority mail within the U.S. first record 13.00, each additional record add 3.00. International: 1st Class. 1st record $23, each additional record add $8. Canada 14.75. 45 RPM - $3.00 within the continental U.S. Add .75 for every additional 45 record ordered. International: 1st Class 1st 45rpm 10.00, each additional record add 3.00.