Billie Holiday – Strange Fruit
I'll Get By
Written-By – Fred E. Ahlert, Roy Turk
My Old Flame
Written-By – Arthur Johnston, Sam Coslow
Written-By – George Gershwin - Ira Gershwin*
(Billie's Blues) I Love My Man
Written-By – Billie Holiday
I Gotta Right To Sing The Blues
Written-By – Harold Arlen, Ted Koehler
I Cover The Waterfront
Written-By – Edward Heyman, Johnny Green
(I Got A Man Crazy For Me) He's Funny That Way
Trumpet – Freddie WebsterWritten-By – Neil Moret, Richard A. Whiting*
Written-By – Jerome Kern, Otto Harbach
Written-By – Lewis Allan
On The Sunny Side Of The Street
Written-By – Jimmy McHugh - Dorothy Fields*
Written-By – E. Y. Harburg*, Johnny Green
Fine And Mellow
Written-By – Billie Holiday
Lover Come Back To Me
Written-By – Oscar Hammerstein II, Sigmund Romberg
I'll Be Seeing You
Written-By – Irving Kahal, Sammy Fain
As Time Goes By
Written-By – Herman Hupfeld
How Am I To Know
Written-By – Dorothy Parker, Jack King (3)
- Accompanied By – Eddie Heywood And His Orchestra (tracks: A1 to A3, A6, A7, B3, B5 to B8), Eddie Heywood Trio (tracks: A4, B2), The Frankie Newton Orchestra* (tracks: A5, A8, B1, B4)
- Alto Saxophone – Lem Davis (tracks: A1 to A3, A6, A7, B3, B5 to B8), Tab Smith (tracks: A5, B1, B4)
- Art Direction, Design [Album Design] – Richard Mantel
- Bass – John Simmons (tracks: A1 to A4, A6, A7, B2, B3, B5 to B8), John Williams* (tracks: A5, A8, B1, B4)
- Coordinator [For Atlantic Records] – Michael Cuscuna
- Directed By – Bob Smith (14) (tracks: A5, A8, B1, B4)
- Drums – Eddie Dougherty (tracks: A5, A8, B1, B4), "Big Sid" Catlett* (tracks: A1 to A4, A6, A7, B2, B3, B5 to B8)
- Guitar – Jimmy McLin (tracks: A5, A8, B1, B4)
- Liner Notes – Leonard Feather, Milt Gabler
- Photography By [Cover Photo Of Billie Holiday] – Skippy Adelman
- Photography By [Cover] – Photo File
- Photography By [Inside Liner] – Culver Pictures
- Photography By [Liner Photos Of Billie Holiday] – Charles Peterson (5), Jack Bradley
- Piano – Eddie Heywood (tracks: A1 to A4, A6, A7, B2, B3, B5 to B8), Sonny White (tracks: A5, A8, B1, B4)
- Producer – Milt Gabler
- Tenor Saxophone – Kenneth Hollon (tracks: A5, A8, B1, B4), Stan Payne* (tracks: A5, B1, B4)
- Trombone – Vic Dickenson (tracks: A1 to A3, A6, A7, B3, B5 to B8)
- Trumpet – "Doc" Cheatham* (tracks: A1 to A3, A6, B3, B5 to B8), Frank Newton (tracks: A5, B1, B4)
A5, A8, B1, & B4 were recorded at Brunswick Record Corp./World Broadcasting Studio, New York, N.Y. on April 30, 1939.
A1, A2, A6, & B8 were recorded at WOR Recording Studios, New York, N.Y. on March 25, 1944.
A3, B3, B6, & B7 were recorded at WOR Recording Studios, New York, N.Y. on April 1, 1944.
A4, A7, B2, & B5 were recorded at WOR Recording Studios, New York, N.Y. on April 8, 1944.
Commodore original monaural recordings were previously issued in 78 rpm, 45 rpm and 33⅓ rpm form on Commodore and other licensed labels. They are now reissued as two-track monaural recordings suitable for monophonic and stereophonic reproduction. These historical performances have been collected from the Commodore archives and reproduced from the best available sources. Please forgive occasional minor disturbances if you notice any.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 889397105181
Buyer pays shipping fees. Shipping varies depending on country. I can only ship with a tracking number anymore. Unfortunately, too many packages have gone missing over the years so tracked is the only way I can ship now. Please contact me first and I will find out fairly quickly for you what your cost is.
Please be aware that I have to list the actual selling price on the declaration. I cannot put down a false value as I can lose the ability to ship anymore.
I am getting some average prices for shipping to Canada, US, France, Germany and the UK:
Prices are in US funds
cds - $4.50
7" - $4.50
12" - $9-20 within Canada depending on the province...please message me with your address for a quote
7" and cd's - $5.50 tracked!
12" - $8 tracked
UK, France & Germany:
7" and cds - $10 with tracking
12" - approx. $18 air mail
Sorry but I cannot ship by surface anymore. Too many issues with how long it takes.
Still best to contact me first for more accurate quote.
Payments by Paypal is preferred.