Michael Sembello – Without Walls
- Arranged By [String Arrangements], Strings [Wall Of Doug] – Doug Cameron
- Art Direction – Chuck Beeson
- Backing Vocals [Background Vocals] – Bobby Caldwell, Cruz Sembello, Stevie Wonder
- Coordinator [Project Coordinator] – Ivy Skoff
- Design [Album] – Melanie Nissen
- Drums – Carlos Vega, Vinnie Colaiuta
- Engineer – Dan Marnien, Jim Gallagher, Michael Bowman, Michael Sembello, Nick Spigel, Randy Waldman, Richard Rudolph
- Engineer [Assistant Engineer] – Bud Rizzo, Khaliq Glover
- Guitar – Bud Rizzo, Michael Sembello
- Guitar [Guitar Scientist] – Steve Rippley
- Harmonica – Stevie Wonder
- Horns – Herb Alpert
- Horns [Horn Section] – William Reichenbach*, Chuck Findley, David Boruff, Gary Grant, Larry Williams, Lew McCreary
- Keyboards – Casey Young, Danny Sembello, Michael Sembello, Randy Waldman
- Mastered By – Bernie Grundman
- Mixed By – Tommy "Yosh" Vicari* (tracks: A2 to A5, B3, B4)
- Other [Metal Metaphysician] – Bud Rizzo
- Percussion – Ron Powell
- Performer [Sinatra] – Bobby Caldwell
- Performer [Wall Of Mariachis] – Bud Rizzo, Ryan McGonigal, Stan Smengi
- Photography By – Bret Lopez
- Producer – Michael Sembello, Richard Rudolph
- Programmed By – Michael Sembello
- Programmed By [Additional Synthesizer Programmer] – David 'The Rev' Boruff*, Dennis Matkosky
- Programmed By [Main-synth Jungle Genius Alchemist Programmer] – Casey Young
- Saxophone [Sax] – David 'The Rev' Boruff*
- Strings [String Section] – Clayton Haslop, Douglas Cameron*, Paula Hochhalter, Sid Page
- Synthesizer – Bobby Caldwell, Steve Porcaro
- Synthesizer [Additional Synthesizers] – Danny Sembello
- Synthesizer [Bass Synthesizer] – Danny Sembello
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn, Arranged By [Horn Arrangements] – Randy Waldman
- Vocals – Michael Sembello
Additional recording at Zebra Sound, Studio 55, Can-Am, Galaxy and Village Recorders.
Tracks A2, A3, A4, A5, B3, B4: Mixed at Lion Share.
Mastered at Bernie Grundman Mastering Studios.
© 1986 A&M Records, Inc.
℗ 1986 A&M Records, Inc.
Creative Thanks To: Peter Savic, Joanne Gair, Patty Callicott and Rebecca Blumberg.
Special Thanks: Dan Acree, Herb Alpert, Audio Effects, Hilary Bercavici, Cafe Giuseppe's, John Deaver, Bob DiMarco, Seymore Duncan, EFX, Gil Friesen, GHS Strings, girls of Lion Share, Patrice, Rowena and Suzanne, Michael Gorfaine, Jeff Hamilton, Jordan Harris, Bob Hart, Ed and Charina Holmes, Ron Howard and Company, Jazz Police, Michael Jensen, George Kaye, Barry Korkin, Beth Kraft, Little Dougie 'Rudy', Jim McKeever, Peggy Needleman, President of the Universe, Howard Reitze, Steve Rippley, Cruzer Sembello, Lenny, Mo and Fred Sembello, Sound Source, Denny 'Double Back' Sullivan, Toru, Wall Of Mariachis, Shelley Wiseman, Sue Yahm, Casey Young, Richard and Lili Zanuck and Zentech.
To John (Urban Apocalypse) McClain; "Thanks for the life raft"
Timmy Vicari used the Al Dente Recording Process.
Steve Porcaro appears courtesy of Columbia Records.
Stevie Wonder appears courtesy of Motown Records.
Cat# SP-5044 appears on labels, SP 5044 appears on spine of sleeve.
This recording is also available on BASF chrome cassette.
Also available with gold promotional stamp on back of sleeve.
Notes not on release.
Original LP track listing was:
A1. Dangerous A2. Last To Know A3. The Picture A4. Funkabilly Swing A5. Gravity B1. Is This The Way To Paradise B2. Angelina B3.Wonder Where Your Are B4. Burn It Up B5. Hysterical
3 tracks "The Picture", "Angelina" and "Hysterical" were deleted and "What You Really Want" was added. You can find 2 of the deleted tracks ("The Picture" and "Angelina") on the Japanese CD release.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 7502-15044-1
- Matrix / Runout (Label A side): SP-05044-A
- Matrix / Runout (Label B side): SP-05044-B
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Runout - Etched): SP-05044-A-RE-1 ES1 ƐMW
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Runout - Etched): SP-05044-B-RE-1 ES1 ƐMW
- Other (Pressing Plant ID (on label)): B
SHIPPING AND HANDLING