The Tragically Hip – In Violet Light
|A1||Are You Ready|
|A2||'Use It Up'|
|A3||The Darkest One|
|A4||'It's A Good Life If You Don't Weaken'|
|A6||Throwing Off Glass|
|B1||All Tore Up|
|B3||A Beautiful Thing|
|B4||The Dire Wolf|
|B5||The Dark Canuck|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Universal Music Canada Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Universal Music Canada Inc.
- Manufactured By – Universal Music
- Distributed By – Universal Music
- Recorded At – Compass Point Studios
- Recorded At – The Bathouse
- Mixed At – Compass Point Studios
- Mastered At – Gateway Mastering
- Mastered At – GZ Media – 158620E
- Pressed By – Precision Record Pressing – 10-83558
- Band [The Tragically Hip Are] – Rob Baker*, Gord Sinclair, Gordon Downie, Johnny Fay, Paul Langlois
- Booking [Canada] – Jeff Craib, The Feldman Agency
- Booking [UK] – Creative Artists Agency, Nigel Hassler
- Booking [US] – Steve Kaul, United Talent Agency
- Coordinator [Production Coordinator, For] – Worlds End (America) Inc.
- Coordinator [Production Coordinator] – Cindi Peters
- Design – Andrew Mclachlan, Rob Baker*
- Engineer – Hugh Padgham, Terry Manning
- Engineer [Assistant Engineers] – Alex Dixon, Oswald Bowe
- Engineer [The Bathouse Assistant Engineers] – Aaron Holmberg, Dave Koster (2)
- Management – Bernie Breen, Bernie Breen Management, Eggplant Entertainment, Patrick Sambrook
- Management [Assisted By] – Jenn Pressey
- Management [The Bathouse Studio Manager] – Deb Hamilton
- Mastered By – Bob Ludwig
- Mixed By – Hugh Padgham (tracks: A2 to A4, A6 to B5), Terry Manning (tracks: A1, A5)
- Painting [Cover Painting] – Rob Baker*
- Percussion [Additional Percussion] – Neil Symonette
- Photography By – Richard Beland
- Photography By [Publicity Photos, Assistant] – David Ajax
- Photography By [Publicity Photos] – Bernard Clark (3)
- Producer – Hugh Padgham (tracks: A2 to A4, A6 to B5), The Tragically Hip (tracks: A1, A5)
- Producer [With] – Mark Vreeken (tracks: A1, A5)
- Recorded By – Mark Vreeken (tracks: A1, A5, A6)
- Recorded By [Additional Recording] – Hugh Padgham (tracks: A6)
- Technician [Guitar And Drum Tech (Nassau & Bath)] – Dave Koster (2)
℗ & © 2002/2017 Universal Music Canada Inc.
Manufactured and distributed in Canada by Universal Music, 2450 Victoria Park Ave., Suite #1, Toronto, Ontario M2J 5H3.
Recorded and Mixed at Compass Point Studios, Nassau, The Bahamas
A1, A5, A6 Recorded [...] at The Bathouse Studios
A6 Additional Recording [...] at Compass Point Studios
Mastered [...] at Gateway Mastering Studios, Portland, Maine
Use It Up
'Use it up, Don't save anything for later' - Raymond Carver
"And come together in the fictive dream" from On Becoming A Novelist by John Gardner
The Darkest One
inspired by Wallace Stevens' Sea Surface Full Of Clouds
'It's A Good Life If You Don't Weaken'
"It's A Good Life If You Don't Weaken" Molly Lorimer
"Why plan when we stop?" from 'Endings' (for Harriet Winslow by Robert Lowell)
"And change yourself into something you love" - from the poem 'The War Against Television' by David O'Meara
"Living's impossible; a full-time job trying to change / ourselves into something we love before we're gone. / We can't catch our breath. No wonder we stare."
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (As printed): 6 02557 03958 0
- Barcode (Spaces removed): 602557039580
- Matrix / Runout (A-side runout, stamped): 10-83558 / 0255703958 - A 158620E1/A
- Matrix / Runout (B-side runout, stamped): 10-83558 / 0255703958 - B 158620E2/A
Buyer pays shipping fees. Shipping varies depending on country. I can only ship with a tracking number anymore. Unfortunately, too many packages have gone missing over the years so tracked is the only way I can ship now. Please contact me first and I will find out fairly quickly for you what your cost is.
Please be aware that I have to list the actual selling price on the declaration. I cannot put down a false value as I can lose the ability to ship anymore.
I am getting some average prices for shipping to Canada, US, France, Germany and the UK:
Prices are in US funds
cds - $4.50
7" - $4.50
12" - $9-20 within Canada depending on the province...please message me with your address for a quote
7" and cd's - $5.50 tracked!
12" - $8 tracked
UK, France & Germany:
7" and cds - $10 with tracking
12" - approx. $18 air mail
Sorry but I cannot ship by surface anymore. Too many issues with how long it takes.
Still best to contact me first for more accurate quote.
Payments by Paypal is preferred.