Big Brother & The Holding Company – Cheap Thrills
|A1||Combination Of The Two||5:45|
|A2||I Need A Man To Love||4:56|
Arranged By [Arr.] – S. Andrew*Written-By – D. Heyward*, G. Gershwin*
Piece Of My Heart
Lead Guitar – Sam*Written-By – Bert Berns, Jerry Ragovoy
Guitar – Peter*Piano – John SimonWritten-By – J. Joplin*
|B2||Oh, Sweet Mary||4:16|
Ball And Chain
Lead Guitar – James*Written-By – "Big Mama" Thornton*
- Artwork [Art] – R. Crumb*
- Drums – Dave Getz
- Engineer – Fred Catero, James Gurley, Janis Joplin, Jerry Hochman, Roy Segal
- Guitar – James Gurley
- Guitar, Bass – Peter S. Albin*, Sam Houston Andrew III*
- Photography By [Jacket Interior] – Elliot Landy*
- Photography By [Rear Cover] – Thomas Weir
- Vocals – Janis Joplin
as indicated by a "T" etched in the runout areas.
Released in a Gatefold cover on a red "360 sound" label with white lettering.
Although Janis Joplin has a release-wide vocal credit (and indeed sings on every song), on the individual song credits, only 'Sam' is credited for vocals on Tracks A1 and B2.
Track A3 is incorrectly credited to Gershwin Bros. on the front cover, though the label correctly credits George Gershwin and DuBose Heyward.
Track B3 is credited to W. M. Thornton on the label, and "Big Mama" Thornton on the front cover.
Live material recorded at Bill Graham's Fillmore Auditorium (tracks A1, A2 & B3). Turtle Blues "Vibes" courtesy of Barney's Beanery. Approved By Hell's Angels Frisco
Tracks A1 to A3, B1, B2 published by ASCAP. Tracks A4 and B3 published by BMI.
Stereo "360 Sound". Manufactured by Columbia Records/CBS, Inc. Litho in USA. Printed in USA. Rear cover photo © Thomas Weir 1967.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Label, Side A): XSM 137375
- Matrix / Runout (Label, Side B): XSM 137376
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side A (Variant 1)): o XSM 137375 -1C
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side B (Variant 1)): o XSM 137376 -1C
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side A (Variant 2)): XSM137375 -1D
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side B (Variant 2)): XSM137376 -1A
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side A (Variant 3)): XSM 137375-1B
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side B (Variant 3)): XSM137376-1D
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side A (Variant 4)): o XSM137375-1E
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side B (Variant 4)): o XSM137376-1E
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side A Stamped (Variant 5)): o XSM 137375 -1D T F2
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side B Etched (Variant 5)): T o XSM 137376 -1A A2
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side A (Variant 6)): o XSM 137375 -1C (etched)
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side B (Variant 6)): XSM 137375 -1F (stamped)
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side A (Variant 7)): o XSM 137375 -1C (etched)
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side B (Variant 7)): o XSM137376-1E (stamped)
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side A (Variant 8) stamped, (T C1) etched ): o XSM 137375-1D T C1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side B (Variant 8) etched): o XSM 137376-1A 1 Λ/C 3 T
Buyer Pays Shipping: As of now, we can serve US Buyers ONLY. US Shipping Costs listed are for all 50 States, and will be shipped by US Postal Service Media Mail. We do combine shipping for multiple items purchased, if you buy more than one item, please wait for us to invoice you.
LPs/Albums/12 inch: $6.00 for up to 3 LPs; $8.00 for up to 8 LPs. Please Inquire for shipping discount on orders larger than 10 LPs.
45s/7 inch: $4.00 for up to 5; $8.00 for up to 20. Please Inquire for shipping discount on orders larger than 20 45s.
CD's: $4.50 for up to 3 CD's. $1.00 for each additional.
IMPORTANT: We package very carefully and provide tracking information if applicable once items are shipped. It is the buyer's option to purchase insurance coverage to help offset the cost of lost or damaged items . Seller cannot be held responsible. If security is a concern, buyer can elect to request to have items sent Registered Mail through U.S. Postal Service for an additional $15.00. Whenever possible, we strive to use recycled or recyclable materials in our shipping process.
Grading and item notes are important to us. We will earnestly do our very best to get you accurate item descriptions. If the buyer is not satisfied with their purchase, we will consider a full or partial refund. However, buyer will be responsible for shipping the item back if required. We will reimburse for shipping if dissatisfaction is due to seller's error or a quality issue. Please note that we spot listen or fully test nearly every purchase BEFORE shipping to prevent these types of issues. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.
Sales tax as appropriate/required.