Various – No Alternative
- Copyright (c) – The Red Hot Organization
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – The Red Hot Organization
- Distributed By – Sony Music Entertainment
- Produced For – The Red Hot Organization
- Mastered At – Masterdisk
- Recorded At – Sunset Sound Factory
- Recorded At – The Village Recorder
- Recorded At – Cherokee Studios
- Recorded At – Pachyderm Studio
- Recorded At – Studio 4 Recording
- Recorded At – Metalworks Studios
- Recorded At – Waterworks
- Recorded At – Soundworks, Chicago
- Recorded At – Smart Studios
- Recorded At – Granary Music
- Recorded At – Studio Nomade
- Recorded At – Avast! Recording Co.
- Recorded At – Can-Am Recorders
- Recorded At – Lowdown Studios
- Recorded At – EMI Studios 301
- Recorded At – Cedar Creek Recording
- Recorded At – Glastonbury
- Recorded At – Big Day Out
- Recorded By – Triple J
- Recorded At – NY Summerstage
- Mastered At – Precision Mastering
- Mastered At – The Mastering Lab
- Mixed At – Greene St. Recording
- Mixed At – The Music Annex
- Mixed At – Can-Am Recorders
- Mixed At – Lowdown Studios
- Mixed At – Master Control, Burbank
- Mixed At – G-Son Studios
- Edited At – Electrox
- Published By – EMI Blackwood Music Inc.
- Published By – Charm Trap Music
- Published By – Scrawny Music
- Published By – April Music Inc.
- Published By – Bugpie Music Publishing
- Published By – Ritz Writes
- Published By – King/Kato, Ltd.
- Published By – PolyGram Music
- Published By – I Failed In Life Music
- Published By – ABKCO Music, Inc.
- Published By – Treble Kicker Music
- Published By – Cinderful Music
- Published By – Chrysalis Songs
- Published By – Granary Music
- Published By – Bug Music
- Published By – Tyde Music
- Published By – Sony Music
- Published By – Noyes Innerouter
- Published By – Rondor Music
- Published By – Jondora Music
- Published By – Brooklyn Dust Music
- Published By – PolyGram International Publishing, Inc.
- Published By – American Def Tunes
- Published By – Period Music
- Published By – Sonik Tooth Music
- Published By – Willesden Music
- Published By – Rockin' Leprechaun Music
- Published By – Rounder Music
- Published By – Patti Smith
- Pressed By – United Record Pressing
- Design – Claudia Brandenburg
- Design [Original], Art Direction – Bureau (2)
- Directed By [Executive Director] – John Carin*, Leigh Blake
- Executive-Producer – John Carlin
- Liner Notes – John Carlin
- Mastered By – Howie Weinberg
- Producer – Chris Mundy, Jessica Kowal, Paul Heck
- Supervised By [Red Hot Production Supervisor] – Tara Fitzpatrick
Track D6 is a bonus, unlisted track.
Sticker on sleeve reads:
Groundbreaking compilation now on vinyl for the first time!
Featuring the biggest acts that defined 90s alt rock including: Beastie Boys, Pavement, Soundgarden, Smashing Pumpkins
180-Gram Audiophile Vinyl, Individually Numbered Jackets
Record Store Day 2013 release. Limited edition of 3000. Stamp numbered on rear of jacket.
Compilation ℗ & © 1993, 2013 The Red Hot Organization. All individual tracks (P) by the record company or individual indicated
A1: Recorded January and February 1993 at Sunset Sound Factory, Hollywood, CA. Additional Recording at The Village Recorder, Los Angeles. Mastered, Precision Mastering, Hollywood, CA.
©1992 EMI Blackwood Music Inc./Charm Trap Music Inc. (BMI)
Matthew Sweet appears courtesy of Zoo Entertainment
A2: Recorded Spring 1993 at Cherokee Studios, Los Angeles, CA. Mastered at The Mastering Lab, Los Angeles, CA. Special Thanks to Susan Donaldson and all at Cherokee Studios.
©1993 Scrawny Music (BMI)
Buffalo Tom appears courtesy of Beggars Banquet Records, Ltd.
A3: Recorded May 17th-19th 1993 at Pachyderm Studios, Canon Falls, MN. Mixed at Greene Street Recording, New York, NY. Special thanks to Dave Harrington & the staff at Greene Street.
©EMI April Music Inc./Bugpie Music Publishing/ Ritz Writes (ASCAP)/EMI Blackwood Music Inc. (BMI)
Soul Asylum appears courtesy of Columbia Records
A4: Recorded June 24, 1993 at Studio 4, Philadelphia
©1993 King/Kato Ltd. (BMI)
Urge Overkill appears courtesy of Geffen Records
A5: Recorded June 9-10, 1993 at Pachyderm Studios, Canon Falls, MN. Mixed at Music Annex, Menlo Park, CA. Special Thanks to John Dressel and Tim Penn at Pachyderm and Charlie Albert at Music Annex.
©1993 PolyGram Music/I Failed In Life Music (BMI)
American Music Club appears courtesy of Reprise Records and Virgin Records Ltd.
B1: Recorded at Metalworks, Canada. Additional editing at Electrox, New York. Special thanks to Alex Andronache and the staff at Metalworks.
©ABKCO Music Inc. (BMI)
Goo Goo Dolls appear courtesy of Warner Bros. Records
B2: Engineered out of Vodka. Recorded July 13-20, 1993 at Waterworks Studio, New York.
©1993 Treble Kicker Music (BMI)
B3: recorded spring 1993 at soundworks chicago il and smart studios madison wi
©1993 cinderful music/chrysalis songs (bmi)
smashing pumpkins appear courtesy of virgin records
B4: Recorded Fall 1991 at Granary Music 2, Brooklyn, NY
©1993 Granary Music (BMI), administered worldwide by Bug Music
Bob Mould appears courtesy of Rykodisc, Creation Records Ltd., and White Records
B5: Recorded Spring 1993 at Studio Nomade, Morin Heights, Quebec, Canada
©1993 Tyde Music and Sony Music (ASCAP)
Sarah McLachlan appears courtesy of Arista Records and Nettwerk Productions
C1: Recorded September 1991 at Avast Studio, Seattle, WA
©1991 Noyes Innerouter (ASCAP)
Soundgarden appears courtesy of A&M Records
C2: Recorded and Mixed June, 1993 at Can Am Recorders, Tarzana, CA. Special thanks to Can Am Recorders, Leeds Rehearsals, Drum Paradise and Andy Brauer.
©1993 Rondor Music (ASCAP)
Straitjacket Fits appear courtesy of Arista Records
C3: Recorded and Mixed May 1993 at Lowdown, San Francisco
©1984 Sony Music (ASCAP)
C4: Recorded May 1-4, 1993 at Studios 301, Sydney, Australia. Mixed at Master Control, Burbank, CA. Special thanks to Fiona Simpson and all the staff at Studios 301, Billy Hyde Rentals, Stage Door Rehearsal, Studio EFX Rentals and Ron Corbett at Master Control.
©1993 Sony Music (ASCAP)
The Verlaines appear courtesy of Slash Records
C5: Recorded live in June 1993 at Cedar Creek Recording, Austin, TX
©Jondora Music (BMI)
Uncle Tupelo appears courtesy of Sire Records
D1: Recorded live on a Tascam MSR 16, Dallas, TX 11/19/1992. Mixed at G-Son Studios, Los Angeles
©1986 Brooklyn Dust Music/PolyGram International Publishing, Inc. (Ascap) and American Def Tune (ASCAP)
Beastie Boys appear courtesy of Capitol Records
D2: Recorded June 26, 1992 live at Glastonbury
©1990 Period Music (BMI)
The Breeders appear courtesy of Elektra Records
D3: Recorded at The Big Day Out, Melbourne, Australia, January 24, 1993. Recorded by Triple J Radio, Australia. Mixed at Quantum Studios
©1983 Sonik Tooth Music. Administered by Willesden Music (BMI)
Sonic Youth appears courtesy of DGC Records
D4: Recorded live in 1991 in Milwaukee, WI
©Rockin' Leprechaun Music (ASCAP) and Rounder Music (ASCAP)
Jonathan Richman appears courtesy of Rounder Records
D5: Recorded Live July 8, 1993 at NY Summerstage, New York
©1993 Patti Smith
Patti Smith appears courtesy of Arista Records
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 8 87654 82911 5
- Rights Society: BMI
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Matrix / Runout (Side A label): 88765482911A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B label): 88765482911B
- Matrix / Runout (Side C label): 88765482911C
- Matrix / Runout (Side D label): 88765482911D
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, etched): 88765482911-A Ⓤ
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, etched): 88765482911-B C3 Ⓤ
- Matrix / Runout (Side C runout, etched): 88765482911-C '!' Ⓤ
- Matrix / Runout (Side D runout, etched): 88765482911-D "!" Ⓤ
Seller's Shipping Information
We specialize in good music from every genre.
Check us out on instagram: zionsgaterecords
A quick note about sleeve grading: We sometimes grade a Mint Sleeve as Near Mint . A true mint grade is basically impossible in my opinion...especially once something is shipped. So our near mint is the grade for most new copies of LP's, etc.
How to use discogs:
Browse our selection and purchase the items you would like. We then email you a paypal invoice. Easy, fast and safe. You can use your credit card via paypal even if you do not have an account. Money orders and cash in US dollars are accepted as well. On larger orders I will also take Western Union payments. This is the website for our record store with hundreds of thousands of records. It is much easier to input items and much funner to browse around and learn about music on Discogs so we choose to use this interface. We proudly offer one of the largest and best selections IN THE WORLD on discogs. Adding new items daily. We ship multiple days a week in strong, sturdy boxes. Open 7 days a week, easy to call and pro customer service. I check Discogs often and will attempt to get back to you quickly. Feel free to call the shop if needed 206-568-5446.
Please visit our record store when in the Seattle area.
All shipments come with TRACKING which is emailed to your account connected to paypal.
SHIPPING RATES: (heavier/odd shaped / sized items may cost a little more)
Shipping Discounts applied on multiple items.
USA for LPs - 1 LP media mail is 4.99. 2 LPs is 6.99 - (2 x LPs and heavy vinyl may be more) + discounted shipping for any you add after that. Will give bulk discounts on large orders in the US.
CDs/7"/DVD/Cassette etc are shipped first class mail. 3.99 for the first and 1.00 each additional. after 4 items will receive a free upgrade to priority mail.
USA - priority mail 9.99 = 2.00 ea. additional. Heavier LP's are more
INTERNATIONAL mail prices have significantly gone up as of 2016.
All rates are based on weight and country shipped too now.
Canada LP - AIR MAIL - 16.99 for the first LP
discounts on multiple items
CDs/7"/DVD/Cassette - 11.99 for the first discounts on multiple
WORLD LP - AIR MAIL - 24.99 for ONE LP...double lp's count as more...rates go up by weight and country from here.
WORLD CD/7"/DVD - 14.99 for the first.
Thanks for your support.