- Artwork, Design – G Sus
- Bass Guitar, Vocals – Sybil Right aka Pete Wright*
- Design [Reissue Design] – Gee Vaucher
- Drums, Effects [Sound Effects] – Evils Rimbaud aka Penny Rimbaud*
- Engineer [Recording Engineer] – John Loder
- Engineer [Remastering Engineer] – Harvey Birrell
- Illustration – Steve Ignorant
- Keyboards – Paul Ellis (2) (tracks: 1-14)
- Layout [Digital Layout] – Alice Smith (3)
- Lead Guitar – Phil Free (2)
- Liner Notes – Penny Rimbaud, Steve Ignorant
- Lyrics By – Annie Anxiety* (tracks: 1-11), G Sus (tracks: 1-4), Joy de Vivre (tracks: 1-6, 1-14), Penny Rimbaud (tracks: 1-1, 1-3, 1-5, 1-7, 1-8, 1-10, 1-12, 1-15), Pete Wright (tracks: 1-9, 1-13), Steve Ignorant (tracks: 1-2)
- Photography By [Photograph: Belfast 1981] – Gee Vaucher
- Photography By [Photograph: Greenham Common 1982] – Claire Hershman
- Producer [Remastering Production] – Penny Rimbaud
- Rhythm Guitar – Sri Hana aka N.A. Palmer*
- Synthesizer – Phil Free (2) (tracks: 1-14)
- Tape [Tape Collages] – G Sus
- Typography [Typesetting] – Christian Brett
- Vocals – Peeve Libido aka Eve Libertine* (tracks: 2-4, 2-5, 2-7, 2-12, 2-20), Joy de Vivre (tracks: 1-6, 14, 2-13), Sri Hana aka N.A. Palmer* (tracks: 2-8), Steve Ignorant
Remastered - February 2009.
CHRIST - THE ALBUM
Southern Studios July 1981 to February 1982
WELL FORKED - BUT NOT DEAD
Compiled at Southern Studios throughout the recording of Christ - the main body is a 4-track recordig made on 9th June 1981 by the Real Time Music at the 100 Club, London. Voice-over on the track 1 is by Mitch of the now defunct Radio Caroline. One Hand is adapted from a traditional Zen tale. Track 9 which includes Heart-throb Of The Mortuary and track 19 I Can't Stand It were our first efforts in a studio, whose name none of us can remember, recorded in the summer of 1977. Heart-throb was later played on a pirate radio station (whose name we also can't remember) and it was from this broadcast that the track is taken. Heart-throb and I Can't Stand It include Steve Hermann who, before being replaced by Phil Free, was our lead guitarist. Track 18 includes a cassette recording of the band live at Action Space in Central London on November 16, 1977.
This re-issue has been re-mastered from the original tapes and includes additional out-takes and a second disc featuring the live recording of their June 1981 gig at the 100 Club in London along with other studio tracks, demos, radio broadcasts and cassette recordings.
Packaged in a slip-case, with a perfect-bound booklet containing extensive liner notes from band members Steve Ignorant and Penny Rimbaud, lyrics and artwork painstakingly chosen and put together by Gee Vaucher, plus a CD-sized recreation of the original poster, this release is beautifully presented.
© Crass Records 2010
℗ Crass Records 2010
Manufactured and Distributed by Southern Records
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 18752 57842 4
- Matrix / Runout (CD1): CA CC04CD1@
- Mastering SID Code (CD1): IFPI L039 02/09/11 10:09:15 PM
- Matrix / Runout (CD2): CA CC04CD2@@
- Mastering SID Code (CD2): IFPI LV88 2/8/2011 1:27:29 AM 0000684770
---> If you choose to pay via Paypal, the shipping address on the payment must be correct. This is the only place we can ship your order. This is a Paypal condition, not ours, so please don't ask us to ship to another address. Change the shipping address on Paypal before sending the payment.
---> Please make payment in full via Paypal or bank transfer in British Sterling (GBP) within 48 hours of purchase. You will receive an invoice automatically from Discogs upon completing your order.
---> If you have an exceptional reason for not being able to pay for your purchase right away, talk to us before you commit to buy please.
We appreciate that buyers don't like paying an extra £5 for insurance against parcel loss, and we are willing to absorb that risk up to a point.
we do not intend to offend anyone, it is just a reality that some postal services are more reliable than others.
---> We reserve the right to require tracking shipping at the buyer's cost. If you do not want to pay this, we will cancel the order with no penalty to the buyer. We will usually need to require tracking if we have had trouble shipping to an area previously, and/or if your feedback is below 95%.
---> Orders over £60 value we will insure myself at no charge to the buyer. (Value means goods, not posting costs.)
---> Most orders where the value is £30-59 value we will require insurance, unless you are a buyer with a very solid history, for example >30 orders and 100% feedback. That shows us your local postal service is reliable.
Prices are calculated for you automatically if you are logged in and have your shipping address entered in your Discogs account. You can choose from the various options and prices available and can cancel or remove things from your cart before proceeding.
---> Important: We pack our CDs in bubble envelopes reinforced inside with cardboard on both sides of the CD. We pack our vinyl in heavy card mailers with corners (not those flimsy envelope style things) and we use 2 stiffeners and bubble wrap. All of this increases the weight of the parcel so for example a regular LP will weigh on average 420gms rather than around 250gms without the packaging. This is the price of making sure that your purchase arrives to you in good condition.
---> We reserve the right to insist on a signed/insured service when we deem necessary - you have the option to cancel your order without penalty if you are not happy paying for this.
We try to be extremely accurate in our descriptions and to err on the side of the negative when describing any faults. We grade according to Goldmine, which (though imperfect) is the Discogs standard. See http://www.discogs.com/help/mp-grading.html for an explanation of these gradings. Once we have graded an item, it is placed in a clean polybag which is how we will deliver it to you.
Returns: we will accept returns if you find that an item is not as described. You must return the item to us within 7 days of receipt. We cannot be responsible for returns lost in the post so please use a registered service.
LIFE IS NOT PERFECT
The majority of parcels arrive safely and on time but please only place an order if you are happy to accept the world is not a perfect place and the possibility exists that it may take longer to arrive than expected and in rare cases may go missing or arrive damaged. If you don't like the odds, that's what insurance is for. We can only attempt to make a claim according to the shipper's terms and only if you assist us and remain polite and responsive throughout the process.