Culture Club – Kissing To Be Clever
|A1||Do You Really Want To Hurt Me
Vocals [Additional Vocals] – Helen Terry
|A2||I'm Afraid Of Me (Remix)||3:14|
|A3||You Know I'm Not Crazy||3:35|
|A4||I'll Tumble 4 Ya||2:34|
Featuring, Vocals [Talkover Dub Star] – Captain Crucial
|B1||Time (Clock Of The Heart)||3:41|
|B2||White Boy (Dance Mix)||4:40|
|B3||Boy, Boy (I'm The Boy)||3:46|
|B4||White Boys Can't Control It||3:42|
- Mastered At – Columbia Recording Studios
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Pitman
- Copyright (c) – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Manufactured By – Epic Records
- Copyright (c) – Virgin Music (Publishers) Ltd.
- Published By – Virgin Music, Inc.
- Engineered At – Red Bus Studios
- Produced For – Do Not Erase Productions
- Artwork [Culture Club Logo] – Jik Graham, Nick Egan
- Artwork [Symbols Courtesy Of] – Sue Clowes
- Backing Vocals – Colin Campsie, Denise Spooner
- Backing Vocals, Keyboards [Additional Keyboards] – Phil Pickett
- Bass, Other [Heavy Culture] – Michael Craig
- Design [Cover Design], Typography – Jik Graham ASTD*
- Drums, Percussion, Drum Programming [Linn Drum Programming] – Jon Moss
- Engineer [Assistant Engineer] – Gordon Milne
- Guitar [Guitars], Keyboards, Piano, Sitar [Electric Sitar] – Roy Hay
- Mixed By – Jon Moss (tracks: A1 to B1, B3 to B5), Steve Levine (tracks: A1 to B1, B3 to B5)
- Other [Make Up] – Boy George, Kitty
- Other [Special Thanks] – Danny Goodwin, Tony Gordon
- Performer [Culture Club] – George O'Dowd, Jon Moss, Michael Craig, Ron Hay
- Photography By – Mark Lebon
- Photography By [Live Shot By] – Andy Phillips (3)
- Producer, Engineer – Steve Levine
- Saxophone, Flute, Harmonica – Nick Payne*
- Songwriter [All Songs Written], Performer [Performed By], Instruments [All Instruments (Except Where Credited) Played By] – Culture Club
- Synthesizer [Synclavier II], Programmed By [Synclavier II Programmed], Performer [Played By] – Keith Miller (3)
- Typography [Typesetting] – Montage (9)
- Vocals – Boy George
"P" in runouts denotes a Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Pitman pressing with a connection to Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Carrollton, GA pressing plant as indicated by GI etched in runouts.
Produced & Engineered for Do Not Erase Productions
Assistant Engineer at Red Bus Studios
© 1982 Virgin Records, Ltd./℗ 1982 Virgin Records, Ltd./
Manufactured by Epic Records/CBS Inc./New York City
Copyright © 1982 by Virgin Music (Publishers) Ltd.
Published in the U.S.A. by Virgin Music, Inc. (ASCAP) (Chappell Music, Inc. Administrator)
International Copyright Secured.
Also on Cassette
Inner sleeve with lyrics.
Catalog # on spine: FE 38398
Catalog # on labels: ARE 38398
Catalog # on inner sleeve: 38398
Phil Pickett (Courtesy of Caribou Records)
Colin Campsie (Courtesy of CBS Records)
Jon Moss uses Simmons Drums
Original US first edition issued with 9 songs.
This same catalog# US release later issued with 10 songs, includes "Time (Clock Of The Heart)" not included on the original issue.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 7464-38398-1
- Matrix / Runout (Label side A): AL 38398
- Matrix / Runout (Label side B): BL 38398
- Matrix / Runout (Runout stamped side A, variant 1): P AL 38398-2E
- Matrix / Runout (Runout stamped side B, variant 1): P BL 38398-2A P COLUMBIA NY
- Matrix / Runout (Runout etched side A, variant 1): A 1 (resembles large upside down Y)
- Matrix / Runout (Runout etched side B, variant 1): B G1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout stamped side A, GI & A etched, variant 2): GI P P AL 38398-2D COLUMBIA NY A
- Matrix / Runout (Runout stamped side B, GI & C etched, variant 2): GI P P BL 38398-2D COLUMBIA NY C
- Rights Society: ASCAP
All domestic shipping will be sent US Media Mail unless otherwise specified. **RATES REFLECT RECENT PRICE INCREASES TO USPS.COM STANDARD MEDIA MAIL COSTS** We charge a $5.00 flat fee for 1 Domestic album, $5.50 for 2 and FREE domestic (in the USA) shipping for 3 or more albums. International shipping to most countries is $27.98 for one record album. Shipping to Canada standard media mail is $16.40 for 1 record album and increases based on final weight of total order. Multiple items for international orders will increase the shipping cost incrementally based on final package weight. Deano's DOES NOT PAY for return shipping costs from international buyers. Some countries may require insurance and extra mailing fees. Buyer is responsible for paying any additional shipping. Expedited shipping is available on request.
Know that different turntables, different ears, different eyes = different playback and grading expectations. Deano's best practices are to place your order to reserve the item from selling and ask questions or for pictures before paying invoice to alleviate any frustration when your order is received.
Deanos is not responsible for any shipment a buyer does not pick up or does not receive due to a bad address given us. We are not responsible for lost or stolen mail. Tracking numbers that show delivered to the address provided by buyer but the buyer has not actually received it is not the responsibility of Deanos. if this is the case contact USPS adn request a search. Mail theft is a felony that USPS take very seriously and they will investigate. Insurance is available upon buyers request and at the buyers expense. We are also not responsible for international mailers that have left the U.S.. Slow customs and unreliable postal delivery is NOT in our control and we are NOT responsible for any such thing. If and when you have such problems, we recommend that you call your customs and local postal service directly. Don't wait for 4 weeks after shipment to do so. The trail grows cold-and it becomes both more difficult and more complicated to pick it up.
Automatic Cancellation Policy: Orders will be cancelled if payment is not received within 7 days of the order. If you will be sending payment late, contact us first so we can make arrangements to hold your order until payment can be made.
Please verify that your address is the actual address that you will be receiving the package is the actual address where you will be collected your order, with Paypal. We only ship to the address that was given to us unless otherwise specified.
Please note that a single lp = one lp, double lp = two lp's, three lp's = three lp's...
Records include inserts and posters when listed. If it does not include it on the description it will not come with the record.
All records are visually graded, in the interest of time we cannot play grade every record. We leave cleaning of records up to the buyers favorite method. After many buyer requests to not use alcohol based cleaners, etc , we've decided to let buyers use their own preferred cleaning method for the best results. We suggest cleaning vinyl before playing the record for best quality.
RETURN POLICY: We do not accept returns on items graded as VG or less. VG items as defined by Goldmine show wear, they may skip on certain tables/needles, therefore we do not accept returns for those records. Multiple album orders with returns of over half the product purchased, graded VG or VG+, may be subject to a restocking fee. Returns on VG+ product, priced $20.00 and under, based on playback discrepencies due to high-end turn tables are not a valid reason for return and may not be accepted. Contact the seller first on playback concerns before sending album back, we will be able to assist with correcting the issue. PLEASE NOTE: Returns ARE NOT accepted if we are contacted more than 30 business days after the record as been shown as delivered. Return shipping costs will NOT be reimbursed. Sealed product that is returned open will not be granted a full refund as the product is not being returned in the appropriate condition it was sent out in.
While great customer service is our number one goal, we also want our customers to understand that we are a small company and these policies help us keep our prices low!