Joanna Newsom – Divers
Cello – Clarice JensenClarinet, Bass Clarinet – Hideaki AomoriDouble Bass – Logan CoaleEnglish Horn – James Austin SmithHarp, Piano, Synthesizer [Juno 106, Minimoog], Vocals – Joanna NewsomTrombone – David Nelson (2)Viola – Naidia Sirota*Violin – Ben Russell (4), Rob Moose
Drums – Neal MorganGuitar, Bass Guitar, Bouzouki, Baglama – Ryan FrancesconiPiano, Celesta [Schiedmayer], Vocals – Joanna NewsomRecorder – Judith LinsenbergTrombone – Andy Strain
|A3||Leaving The City
Drums – Peter NewsomHarp, Piano, Synthesizer [Mellotron M400], Vocals, Marxophone – Joanna Newsom
Electric Guitar – Kevin BarkerElectric Piano [Wurlitzer, Neupert Clavichord, Fender Rhodes Piano, Fender Rhodes Piano Bass], Harpsichord [Baldwin Electric], Synthesizer [Baldwin Discoverer], Vocals – Joanna NewsomOrgan [Hammond B3] – Dan Cantrell
|B2||Waltz Of The 101st Lightborne
Piano Accordion, Recorder [Andes Recorder-Keyboard] – Dan CantrellPiano, Organ [Estey Field Organ], Vocals – Joanna NewsomViolin – Matthew Szemela
|B3||The Things I Say
Piano, Vocals – Joanna NewsomSaw [Musical Saw] – Dan Cantrell
Harp, Piano, Synthesizer [Mellotron MK II], Vocals, Thumb Piano [Hohner Guitaret] – Joanna Newsom
|C2||Same Old Man
Banjo – Kevin BarkerHarp, Synthesizer [Minimoog], Vocals – Joanna Newsom
|C3||You Will Not Take My Heart Alive
Harp, Piano, Synthesizer [Mellotron M400, Juno 106], Vocals – Joanna Newsom
|D1||A Pin-Light Bent
Harp, Vocals – Joanna Newsom
|D2||Time, As a Symptom
Drums – Peter NewsomOrchestra – City Of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra*Piano, Vocals – Joanna Newsom
- Arranged By [Accordion, Violin, Andes Recorder-Keyboard] – Dan Cantrell (tracks: B2)
- Arranged By [Banjo] – Kevin Barker (tracks: C2)
- Arranged By [Drums] – Neal Morgan (tracks: A2, B1, B2), Peter Newsom (tracks: A3, D2)
- Arranged By [Guitar] – Kevin Barker (tracks: B1)
- Arranged By [Guitars] – Noah Georgeson (tracks: B2)
- Arranged By [Harp, Piano, Celesta, Clavichord, Harpsichord, Mellotron, Marxophone, Field Organ, Keyboards, Synthesizers, Vocals] – Joanna Newsom
- Arranged By [Mourning-Dove-Song] – Noah Georgeson (tracks: D2)
- Arranged By [Musical Saw Choir] – Dan Cantrell (tracks: B3)
- Arranged By [Orchestral] – David Longstreth (tracks: D2), Nico Muhly (tracks: A1)
- Arranged By [Trombone, Recorder, Bouzouki, Baglama, Guitars] – Ryan Francesconi (tracks: A2)
- Artwork – Kim Keever
- Engineer [Additional] – Adam Munoz*, Andy Strain, Fritz Myers, Jan Holzner, Justin Rice, Maxwell Moon, Michael Harris (10), Myles Boisen, Neal Morgan, Ryan Francesconi, Sadaharu Yagi, Samur Khouja, Tim Green (2)
- Layout – Dan Osborn
- Mastered By – John Golden
- Mixed By – Joanna Newsom, Noah Georgeson
- Photography By [Back Cover] – Paul Thomas Anderson
- Photography By [Gatefold & Label] – Annabel Mehran
- Producer, Mixed By – Joanna Newsom, Noah Georgeson
- Recorded By – Noah Georgeson, Steve Albini
- Written-By – Joanna Newsom (tracks: A1 to C1, C3 to D2), Traditional (tracks: C2)
Packaging includes lyric sheets for each song and credits sheet: black print on white paper with color artwork on the other side, all in one black 12" envelope.
Joanna plays Lyon & Healy harps.
Neupert clavichord and Schiedmayer celesta provided by Kasimoff-Blüthner Piano Co., Hollywood.
Track D2 contains a sample of "Mourning Dove--Zenaida Macroura" recorded by William R. Fish. Used with permission from the Macaulay Library at the Cornell Lab of Ornithology.
(c)2015 Joanna Newsom, BMI
(c)&(p)2015 Drag City Incorporated
Durations not printed, from vinyl timing.
Mastering facility uncredited, identified with matrix.
"Mastered at" Record Technology Incorporated is for "Processed at". Identified with matrix numbers.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Stickered): 781484056119
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, etched, variant 1): DC-561-A 24194.1 (3)... BEFORE THE SUN IS GONE
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, etched, variant 1): DC-561-B 24194.2 (3)... IN TRAVELING LIGHT
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side C, etched, variant 1): DC-561-C 24194.3 (3)... THE CITY CONTINUES ON, ALONE
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side D, etched, variant 1): DC-561-D 24194.4 (3)... NIGHTJAR, TRANSMIT! (ONCE MORE, AND INNUMERABLE TIMES MORE)
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, etched, variant 2): DC-561-A 24194.1(3)... BEFORE THE SUN IS GONE
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, etched, variant 2): DC-561-B 24194.2(3)... IN TRAVELING LIGHT IN TRAVELING LIGHT
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side C, etched, variant 2): DC-561-C 24194.3(3)... THE CITY CONTINUES ON, ALONE
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side D, etched, variant 2): DC-561-D 24194.4(3)... THE CITY CONTINUES ON, ALONE
- Matrix / Runout (Runout all sides, stamped, variant 1 & 2): GOLDEN
- Rights Society: BMI
PayPal or Postal Money Order accepted.
All items purchased must be paid for within 3 days from the time that the order is invoiced by Siren Records. After 3 days, any order not paid for will be cancelled.
Items may be picked up IN-STORE @ Siren Records in order to eliminate shipping costs. Cash, Debit Cards & Credit Cards will be accepted in-store for these purchases.
BUYER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL SHIPPING & DELIVERY COSTS, BOTH TO THE BUYER AND FOR ANY RETURNS TO SIREN RECORDS.
SHIPPING OPTIONS for U.S. Customers
USPS Media Mail:
$4.00 for the first LP or 12"er, and $1.00 for each additional item.
USPS Priority Mail is available and will be charged based on weight. Rates for the first LP will be approximately $5.00-$12.00 depending on ship-to location.
USPS First Class Mail for 7", CD, or DVD:
$3.00 for the first 7"/CD/DVD.
Add $1.00 for each addtional 7"/CD/DVD.
***PLEASE NOTE: For shipping purposes, double albums count as 2 LPs. Double 7"ers count as 2x7"ers.***
ALL domestic orders will be shipped with Delivery Confirmation.
***ATTENTION: USPS SHIPPING RATES HAVE GONE UP FOR INTERNATIONAL PACKAGES BEGINNING JANUARY 2016. THE SHIPPING RATES BELOW REFLECT THESE INCREASES.***
SHIPPING for Canadian Customers:
USPS 1st Class Airmail:
$16.00 U.S. for First LP/12". Multiple records will be charged based on actual weight, please wait for an invoice before paying. Double albums count as two LPs. Any order over 4 lbs must be shipped Priority International.
$12.00 U.S. for the first 7"/CD/DVD. Multiple records/CDs/DVDs will be charged based on actual weight, please wait for an invoice before paying.
SHIPPING for International Europe, Asia, South America, Mexico & Australia Customers:
USPS 1st Class Airmail:
$23.00 U.S. for the first 12"/LP. Multiple records will be charged based on actual weight, please wait for an invoice before paying. Double albums count as two LPs. Any order over 4 lbs must be shipped Priority International.
$16.00 U.S. for the first 7"/CD/DVD. Multiple records/CDs/DVDs will be charged based on actual weight, please wait for an invoice before paying.
***ALL INTERNATIONAL ORDERS OVER 4 lbs MUST BE SHIPPED PRIORITY INTERNATIONAL. SHIPPING COST FOR THESE ORDERS WILL BE DETERMINED BY WEIGHT AND WILL BE INVOICED AS SUCH.***
***ANY ITEM THAT FALLS OUTSIDE OF THE NORMAL LP/CD/7"/DVD FORMATTING (i.e. A CD/7"/LP THAT INCLUDES A HEAVY HARDBOUND BOOK SUCH AS: KMD - Bl_ck B_st_rds ) WILL NEED TO BE WEIGHED BEFORE A SHIPPING PRICE CAN BE DETERMINED.***
*****Please be specific about your shipping options when placing an order. Options such as INSURANCE and OVERNIGHT DELIVERY are also available******
****Customers WILL NOT BE CHARGED any Paypal or Discogs fees with orders****