• Bokkiebeh over 10 years ago

Don't be shy, introduce yourself!
  • funk_wid_it over 10 years ago

I guess everyone is really shy ?! :) ;)

Hahaha..I guess so...enough new members, but NO introductions??
    Come on people let us know who you are!
  • JohnnyScratch1970 over 10 years ago

Hello my name is Jon and i buy too many records!!! Collector and DJ for 30 years(still doing both). Collect rare 80s Hip-Hop and Electro on 12" & 7".
    Find my scratch videos and record collecting videos on Youtube..search "Johnny Scratch Vs" and you can see what i get up to.
    Failing that i post pics of my rare stuff on Instagram as "JohnnyScratch1970" so come an follow me on there.
    I'm a pro DJ and DJ tutor i also have my own Hip-Hop night and DJ out 3 times a week most week.I live,eat,breathe and shit records...it's what i do.Peace to all the record collectors on here and around the world..blessings from the UK :)

Thnx for the introduction John, although I already knew you are a vinyljunky all the way through!! :)

Big up Jon!

Nice one for taking the time to drop a lil' message about yourself - most interesting :-)

Peace and respect,
    Leon
  • Groovetime over 10 years ago

Hi my name is Clif Richey, Jr., I've been in music business since 1980, started as a concert promoter and two years later started Galleon Records. I have work with many artist and producers, many releasing their first recordings with me. For the past 6yrs I have been working together with my friend and music pioneer Grover Wimberly of Groove Time Records, the label and retail store. We acquire master recordings, purchase publishing rights, buy & sell physical product, of all kind, currently we have over 700,000 pieces of product in our warehouse. Any way hit me up with any questions you may have. Talk with you later-Clif

Welcome Clif! You say Galleon and immediately I think Westside Storie by Caution Crew...one of my FAV old school tracks!!! Hope to hear more from you Clif!

Welcome Clif!

Very interesting indeed!

Best,
    Leon
  • recordsurfer over 10 years ago

welcome on board clif,
    your avatar is my t-shirt ;)
    i visit grover's shop & warehouse in '99 and get the t-shirt as present from grover himself.

keep vinyl alive

peter
  • 8892sales over 10 years ago

Welcome to the newcomers :)

Hi. I actually joined a couple of years back but never introduced myself as I'm not very comfortable with introductions hehe. So, apologies for my ignorance :)

Peeps in here (me excluded) are extremely knowledgeable on their given subjects it's dumbfounding, all respect and props to them.

I love old skool electro rap. Especially the early to mid '80s period. But more so the 'electro' electro rap side of things. Not big on hip hop/old skool hip hop anymore to be honest, but still love my electro side of things to the max :)

Welcome "8892sales"...although late, we appreciate the introduction m8 ;) Always nice to know who we are sharing our stories and info with!
    So it's just the old school electro for you now?
  • 8892sales over 10 years ago

Well. I do like some new electro aswell. Electro will always be in my blood one way or another. Preferred period for proper hip hop is no later than 1986 really. Not into the JB's, rare groove sampling of the late '80s / early '90s anymore. Ok there are exceptions. I'll always like most P.E., tracks, Mantronix productions before 1990 but I think you know what I mean.

Nice one mate.
  • EJ808 over 10 years ago

Welcome 8892sales

i have the same oppinion, electro and hip hop 1982-1986 is just the best. Drum machines, synthesizers, vocoders
    and a positive message in the rap.
  • ContentLabel over 10 years ago

hello Guys. . This is Simple Sam

Welcome Simple Sam!

Peace,
    Leon
  • blowie over 10 years ago

Welcome new peeps, really interesting stuff :)
    Regards,
    Colin aka Blowie
  • blowie over 10 years ago

Hey Clif.. one of my fave LP's of all time is Let Me In by General Caine.. man I LOVE that album!! Was that the first release on Groove Time?
    Respect, Blo

Anmelden Sie müssen angemeldet sein, um posten zu können.