• nickprindle over 3 years ago

I ordered from a seller in Israel with very good feedback. They were communicative at first, and sent tracking (RR108695536IL for Israel Post at https://israelpost.co.il/en/itemtrace/). But I started checking in about 2 months later to say - hey I know COVID is a thing but just wanted to point out this is taking really long and ask if there was anything I should be doing. Two e-mails a few weeks apart got no response. They were friendly and went out of their way to point out a flaw in the CD they found while prepping the package to mail, so I'm guessing they are just busy or don't know what steps to take.

But now the tracking finally says it was delivered... even though I never got the package.

I am curious if anyone is familiar with IsraelPost? I really don't know what the events mean on the tracking site. The last thing it says is "Delivered to addressee" but the location looks to me like just a different postal unit in Israel (origin was Rishon Letzion, Rishon Letzion and the last event says delivered Well Mall, Rishon Letzion). I have absolutely no idea what that means, and can't even begin to guess if this is seller error or post office error (on the part of Israel or the US).
  • Jarren over 3 years ago

Jarren отредактировано over 3 years ago
    Probably the same info here too?

https://t.17track.net/en#nums=RR108695536IL

It looks like it was returned to sender.

Yeah that has all the same info; that's kind of what it looks like to me too (returned to sender) but technically I am the "addressee" and it says "delivered to addressee". Never saw anything like this before.
  • Jarren over 3 years ago

True. I would contact the seller, and ask them if they can get information from their local postal service about the return.

If they do not respond, file a Paypal claim. The tracking clearly states it's been sent back.

Thank you; seller has been dead silent so far so I guess this is going to get ugly :(
  • Metalman2 over 3 years ago

Unless you also live in Israel, the tracking info on Israel post's website will be based on whatever info was passed to it from your own national mail carrier.

Metalman2
    Unless you also live in Israel, the tracking info on Israel post's website will be based on whatever info was passed to it from your own national mail carrier.

I'm in the US, which is why it is so confusing that there was an event where it said "Sent to United States" and then nothing until 3 months later when it was back in Israel and "delivered".

As best I can tell it was returned to sender, but I can't find any way to track the US side to get a complete picture of what happened (USPS would probably pick up the back half of the trip, but if I put in the tracking number it just says "Not Trackable - USPS Tracking® is unavailable for this product for ISRAEL").

Oh well. I hate opening a claim against the seller since 2/3 of the bill was sunk cost in shipping, but they've gone quiet so I don't have a choice I guess.

Войти Необходимо авторизоваться для публикаций.